Overwatch has updated its Public Test Realm with some changes that will affect key abilities for Mercy, D.Va and Bastion. The patch also adds a modifiable server browser for custom games and a Capture the Flag mode, playing off the popular Capture the Rooster brawl.
Here is a complete list of PTR changes and fixes. Keep in mind that these are still in testing and not on the live servers yet. That could happen as early as next Tuesday.
New Feature: Server Browser
Starting today, every player can create their own, unique Overwatch experience and share it with their friends, their teammates, or the entire world. Introducing the Server Browser.
An extension of Overwatch's Custom Game mode, the Server Browser allows you to adjust the settings on various maps, modes, and heroes, creating your own tailor-made server. If, for example, you want to increase Pharah’s missile speed or remove the cooldown from McCree's Combat Roll, the power is yours. Once you're happy with your settings and you're ready to launch your game, you'll need to set up the permissions. You can limit the number of people who can join your game by toggling the "Friends Only" or "Invite Only" options, but if you want to put your strange creation to the real test, set your server to "Public" and click the launch button.
The Server Browser is currently being tested, so we'll be making changes throughout the PTR. Thank you for helping us test the feature, and we're excited to see what you make of it.
New Mode: Capture the Flag
Capture the Rooster has been, without a doubt, Overwatch’s most popular brawl. We don’t want that excitement to end, so we’re bringing Capture the Flag to the Arcade as an ongoing game mode. Starting today, we’re adding Capture-the-Flag versions of Nepal, Lijiang Tower, Ilios, and Oasis, which gives you 12 maps to try when creating a Custom Game.
- New Hero Option: Nano Boost Sensitivity
- Allows players to adjust Nano Boost’s targeting sensitivity
- Configuration: Sentry
- Deploy time decreased from 1.5 seconds to 1.0 second
- Bullet spread increased by 50 percent
- Bullet spread is always at maximum (it no longer increases as the weapon is fired)
- Magazine size increased from 200 to 300
- Headshot damage multiplier has been removed
- No longer deals critical damage
- Configuration: Recon
- Bullet spread decreased by 25 percent
- Magazine size increased from 20 to 25
- Can now be used while moving
- Now bound to secondary fire (formerly Ability 2)
- No longer interrupted by taking damage
- A new resource meter has been added that deplete while Self-Repair is active and recharges when not in use
- Configuration: Tank
- No longer grants bonus armor
- Bastion has a new passive: Ironclad
- Bastion takes 35% less damage while in Sentry or Tank configuration
Developer Comments: The goal of these changes is to move some of Bastion's power from Configuration: Sentry to Recon, while keeping its sentry mode a strong option, especially versus tanks and barriers. Overall, Bastion should feel stronger and more flexible with these changes.
- Defense Matrix
- Projectiles (like Roadhog’s Chain Hook or Tracer’s Pulse Bomb) no longer need to travel a minimum distance before they can be blocked
Developer Comments: Previously, there was a minimum distance a projectile had to travel before it could be destroyed by Defense Matrix. This made it nearly worthless in situations where an enemy was right next to your teammate, such as when Roadhog hooks your ally. This change removes that restriction so Defense Matrix should now reliably destroy projectiles regardless of how far they have traveled.
- Mei can now be targeted by allies while in Cryo-Freeze
- While performing a resurrection, Mercy now becomes temporarily invulnerable along with the allies being revived
- Caduceus Staff
- Zenyatta can no longer be targeted when Transcendence is active
- New Hero Option: Guardian Angel Sensitivity
- Allows players to adjust Guardian Angel’s targeting sensitivity
- New Hero Option: Beam Sensitivity
- Allows players to adjust targeting sensitivity on Mercy’s Caduceus Staff beams
Developer Comments: Mercy’s Resurrect has always been very powerful, but it often forces her to sacrifice herself to use it well. There have been changes in the past that attempted to help her in this area, but haven’t done enough to solve it. This change means that once she uses the ability, she will always survive long enough to be with her team again.
- New Hero Option: Hack Sensitivity
- Allows players to adjust the targeting sensitivity on Sombra’s Hack ability
- Rivet Gun
- Ammo is now loaded earlier in the reload animation
- New Hero Option: Grappling Hook Sensitivity
- Allows players to adjust Grappling Hook’s targeting sensitivity
- New Hero Option: Projected Barrier Sensitivity
- Allows players to adjust Projected Barrier’s targeting sensitivity
- New Hero Option: Harmony Orb Sensitivity
- Allows players to adjust Harmony Orb’s targeting sensitivity
- New Hero Option: Discord Orb Sensitivity
- Allows players to adjust Discord Orb’s targeting sensitivity
MAP BALANCE CHANGESEichenwalde
- A second gate no longer closes after the payload passes through the castle doors. Instead, rubble from the damaged doorway partially blocks the entrance.
Developer Comments: Once the offensive team gets through the castle entrance, the map becomes very heavily stacked in the defense’s favor. This change will give the offense more entrance options, which should improve the map’s overall balance.
- Fixed an issue preventing key bindings on the communication wheel from displaying properly
- Fixed a bug causing some key bindings to revert to default after the first round of a Control map
- Fixed a bug that allowed commendation cards to be recalculated and transferred to a new player after the previous recipient left at the end of a round
- Fixed a bug that caused the “experience gained” audio effects to continue playing, even after the players left the game lobby
- Environmental damage to barriers no longer counts toward the "Damage Blocked" statistic
- Fixed a bug preventing “60 seconds remaining” and “30 seconds remaining” voice lines from playing during the second round of a match
- Fixed a bug preventing Lucio’s “Sound Barriers Provided” statistic from being properly calculated
- Fixed a bug preventing Reinhardt’s shield from displaying cracks at low health with the Wujing skin equipped
- Fixed a bug that allowed Roadhog to turn freely while pulling a hooked target
- Fixed an issue that allowed Sombra’s Translocator to become stuck in the air
- Fixed a bug preventing Tracer’s ”Clock’s Tickin’’ spray from matching the thumbnail in the Hero Gallery
- Torbjörn can now construct turrets on the stairs in Oasis
- Fixed an issue that caused Highlight Intros to clip into the roof of a building on Lijiang Tower
John Keefer posted a new article, Overwatch PTR Patch Modifies Bastion, Buffs D.Va and Mercy
Well they just massively upped mercys survivability.
I'd say D.Va was "modified" more than buffed. Not sure what you'd call it really.
Defense Matrix can now counter a Roadhog hook combo. That sounds like a strict buff to me
It can't counter the hook. It can only counter him shooting. So let's say your ally gets hooked dva can block the shooting after not the actual hook.
Just clarification if you were thinking otherwise. I think this was more the intention of the devs because I've often had it where sometimes I can block his weapon and sometimes not.
Before it would only sometimes block the shots. It has to travel a minimum distance before dva could block them. Now it doesn't
ahh good to hear. i didnt know that was a thing but sounds like a bug fix if anything.
It is a straight buff, just fairly situational.
I'm not sure that I like the inclusion of another form of reliable hitscan DPS. The current meta punishes risky positioning enough as is with the proliferation of Soldier (not to mention the hook but that's another issue entirely) and now Bastion's primary is going to be almost as good ( https://gfycat.com/YawningDimwittedAnnelid ).
The problem with this is that having to play super safe with your positioning takes a lot of the risk/reward out of the game - the plays that are high risk for high reward being the most spectacular and fun.