One of the favoritie pastimes for some players in any game is datamining. No Man's Sky is the latest target, with new dialogue and files found that indicate an ATV could be coming soon.
Various data files have been combined (via Power Up Gaming) that players will need to build a special terminal for the vehicle and hire a mechanic via a variety of quests. The resulting ATV will have vertical boosters, a jet engine and photon cannon; all of which will be upgraded from basic to Alpha, Beta and then Gamma.
The dialogue options show the following items and upgrades:
- ATV Photon Cannon Alpha: Standard weapons system with twin cannons
- ATV Photon Cannon Beta: Improved sighting and recoil dampening, and a longer charge capacity
- ATV Photon Cannon Gamma: Improved firing rate, larger capacity and maximised photonic charge.
- ATV Jetpack Alpha: An ATV jetpack system.
- ATV Jetpack Beta: Increases the maximum altitude and flight range of the unit.
- ATV Jetpack Gamma: Maximizes the altitude and flight range of the unit.
- ATV Tune-up Alpha: Improved acceleration, tougher shocks, and better range.
- ATV Tune-up Beta: Higher horsepower, ECU tuning, a stronger frame, and a longer range.
- ATV Tune-up Gamma: Added speed and acceleration, active traction tires, and greater time between refueling
- ATV Storage: A secure parking area for the ATV.
There is nothing official from Hello Games about the vehicle, but if it does show up, it could happen in the next update, given how extensive the dialogue and data files are.
John Keefer posted a new article, No Man's Sky datamining reveals ATV buggies
On one side, more vehicle variety can do nothing but help the game.
On the flip side, sounds like they're adding in a variation on the Mako.