Bethesda has announced Doom’s free update #3 is now available, and with it, a free-for-all multiplayer mode has finally been added to the title.
As you’d expect, no one is safe in Doom’s free-for-all multiplayer mode as players will now be able to frag anyone and everyone they come in contact with. Players will need to rely on their own individual skill in order to become dominant as there aren’t any teammates or Demon Runes to help.
In addition to the inclusion of free-for-all, update #3 also includes another highly-requested feature: Private Matches. Players will now be able to customize their matches by selecting the maps and modes they want, as well as adjusting a number of game elements, which include time limit, score limit, and whether or not Demon Runes will be included.
Several fixes and optimizations have been made to Doom’s campaign as well as its SnapMap feature. Here’s the complete list of changes players can expect in today’s free update:
- Fixed an issue where exiting a Classic Map would cause the user to freeze on the Main Menu
- Fixed a progression blocking issue when reloading checkpoint in Titan’s Realm while picking up yellow skull in crusher room
- Fixed the Summoner and Pinky models not being visible under the Collectibles menu
- Fixed a crash which occurred when reloading Security Switches checkpoint with DOOM Classic Weapon Pose enabled in the VEGA Central Processing
- Fixed cases of the Combat Shotgun Pop Rocket mod not tracking progress towards mastery
- Fixed an issue where dying at the map transition and restarting the map in the next level would put your character in a broken state
- Fixed an issue where turning on the Classic Weapon Pose during a weapon examination cut scene would cause a broken state
- Fixed Remote Detonation mastery not incrementing if the player first uses Stun Bomb on enemy targets
- Fixed an animation issue where the Talisman Guards' legs would not move
- Fixed an issue where Mission Select does not accurately reflect the in-game status of the Dead Man Stalking Challenge in Kadingir Sanctum
- Various instability issues addressed
- Improved general stability
- Undo/Redo no longer causes memory drops
- Anonymous players now are counted correctly in the map play counts
- AI Path Points now work properly when set to Sprint
- Browser sorting and empty browser are improved
- Weapon switch now has proper key bindings
- Empty Containers can now be picked up
- Weapon On Pick Up logic works when set to On Touched
- Clients are now stopped by Player Blocking Volumes
- Locked doors now properly display a “Locked” message
- Skull keys can be added and removed from Inventory
- Added “Manage by AI Conductor” setting to property settings of additional AI
- Ammo gained from picking up weapons works properly in all cases
- Powercore spawns properly when spawned at map start
- Lost Souls work properly with AI Path points
- Give Armor works properly in all conditions
Daniel Perez posted a new article, Doom 'Free Update 3' now available with support for free-for-all and private matches
"free-for-all"? what is this free for all you speak of?
You being serious?
Surprised that wasn't in the original release
Agreed. With the history of this game and ID Software in general, how can free for all and private matches be an afterthought? Amazing. Someone at Bethesda must have thought they could monetize it, and then gave up on the idea.