The Overwatch team has learned a lot during Season Two of competitive play, including tweaking mid-season. To show off what they have learned, Blizzard released a new video highlighting all of the upcoming changes for Season 2.
Game Director Jeff Kaplan listed numerous changes:
- Skill rank is changing from 1-100 to 1-5000 to better differentiate player skill.
- Skill Rating tiers are coming back
- Cost of gold guns multiplied by 10, as are competitive point gains
- All sudden death is being discontinued - no more coin toss
- Major changes coming to Assault mode, including bonus time mechanics
- A win awards 10 CP, with a tie awarding the sme CP to both teams
- Diamon, Master and Grandmaster divisions will now have a skill rating decay of 50 point per 24 hours for players who don't play for more than 7 days.
- Top 500 now requires players to have finished at least 50 matches.
Kaplan said the changes will be coming to the PTR soon, although he didn;t give a date. he said they will be listening to all the feedback, as well as playing themselves, to make all necessary adjustments before Season 2 finally goes live.
John Keefer posted a new article, Overwatch's Season 2 of competitive play will offer some significant changes
Thank god. Season 1 was...not good.
Haven't even played a game of that
Need to add that if you only can play 1-2 heroes comp is disabled for you.