The World of Warcraft servers are going down today for their usual Tuesday maintenance today from 9 a.m. PT / noon ET until noon PT / 3 p.m. ET, and when they come back up, pre-purchasers of the upcoming expansion Legion should be able to start making their Illidari Demon Hunters.
Blizzard had promised the demon hunters would be unleashed today, so watch for them when the servers return from the longer-than-usual usual maintenance, which usually involved just a rolling restart for hotfixes. Major changes usually bring longer downtimes, but given that Blizzard has already implemented the pre-expansion patch, activating the demon hunter should not be as much of a lengthy process.
Keep in mind that you need to have pre-purchased Legion to get access today. Others will get to test out the new class when the game hits on August 30.
In addition to today's update, Blizzard rolled out some hotfixes yesterday, some of which will be activated once the servers come back today:
- Sudden Doom’s chance to activate is now increased by melee attack speed (was Haste).
- Hunter pets now retain their selected specialization when dismissed and summoned.
- Brain Freeze now gives your Frostbolt a 15% chance to empower your next Flurry (was 10%).
- When Guardian Spirit expires without saving the target from death, Guardian Angel now reduces its remaining cooldown to 90 seconds (was 120 seconds).
- The amount of healing absorbed by the shield that Shadow Covenant leaves allies has been slightly increased.
- Exsanguinate now causes bleeds to tick 100% faster, down from 400% faster.
- Run Through’s damage has been increased by 25%.
- Between the Eyes damage has been increased by 18%.
- Jolly Roger causes Saber Slash to have an additional 25% chance of striking an additional time (was 40%).
- Buried Treasure increases your base Energy regeneration by 25% (was 40%).
- Shark Infested Waters increases Critical Strike Chance by 25% (was 40%).
- Grand Melee increases your attack speed by 50% and your Leech by 25% (was 40% and 20%).
- Slice and Dice now increases attack speed by 100% (was 90%).
- Unleash Life now heals a friendly target for 325% of Spell Power (was 250%).
- Phantom Singularity now only hits enemies within line of sight of it.
- Increased Slam’s damage by up to 12%.
Dungeons and Raids
- Dragon Soul
- Players who die and release in the Spine of Deathwing encounter should again be able to rejoin the encounter.
- The on-equip spell for the trinket Discordant Chorus should only be activated by melee attacks, as intended.
- Fixed a bug that was causing some NPCs to disappear on transports.
- The Antechamber Guardian will now spawn correctly during the quest "What Lies Within".
- “Moat Monster!” can again be completed properly.
- Fixed a bug that was causing some transports to get stuck mid-route.
- Tarlna the Ageless and Drov the Ruiner should again spawn as expected.