Rockstar has released the latests DLC for Grand Theft Auto Online, called Power Play.
The new adversary mode focuses on power ups to "change the rules of urban warfare," according to Rockstar. There are six new power ups and the Grotti X80 Proto supercar. the DLC launch also marks a week of double GTA $ and RP in the Power Play Playlist all week.
A player can only use one power up at a time, but teams can mix and match for the best results. The new power ups include:
- Beasted: Transform into the Beast and use special powers like invisibility, super jump, and super strength.
- Zoned: Slow down time for all players, giving snipers a tactical advantage over exposed enemies.
- Doped: Dull your enemy's senses with a trippy green haze; they’ll never see that flank coming...
- Raging: Unleash a rampage with your entire team by inflicting increased damage while taking reduced damage.
- Flipped: Scramble your opponents by picking up Flipped, temporarily inverting all enemy camera controls and mixing team chat to truly get in their heads.
- Dark: Take your team off the grid for well-timed sneak attacks.
The new car is designed specifically for escaping Wanted levels: "The space-age, low-profile body harnesses a beastly engine, making for a finely tuned machine ready for dominance – especially handy when needing to make Special Cargo Deliveries in a hurry. Escaping wanted levels has never looked so good."
The new update is available only for PC, Xbox One and PS4. Rockstar has said previously that the mode would not be coming to PS3 or Xbox 360 because "there isnt enough memory available to add to the game on these older systems, and we cannot make any more meaningful content updates on those platforms without putting the entire game at risk."