Capcom's Pro Tour rolls on, drawing nearer to the coveted Capcom Cup between some of the best Street Fighter 5 players in the world. Before the Cup goes down, players will be making one additional stop: the North American finals at Red Bull Battle Grounds beginning November 4 and continuing through November 6.
The two-day event, scheduled to take place in Seattle, will be hosted by Capcom and Red Bull, and will see 1,024 players compete in an open bracket. Two players will meet in a grand finale on November 6.
In addition to co-hosting the Capcom Pro Tour North American Finals alongside Capcom, Red Bull has announced Red Bull Proving Grounds, a monthly tournament circuit. "Amateur players across North America will have the chance to qualify by competing in regional qualifiers in Los Angeles, Seattle, Chicago, Philadelphia, Atlanta, and Toronto," according to a press release.
Various celebrities within the fighting-game community are helping to organize Proving Grounds events.
• Eric Small of bigE Gaming (Philadelphia)
• Larry Dixon of Final Round (Atlanta)
• Alex Valle and Jimmy Nguyen of Level Up (Los Angeles)
• Noah Vandercook of Ignite Gaming Lounge (Chicago)
• Deniz Bengisoy of Northwest Majors (Seattle)
• Justin Baisden of Super Steel City Fight Night (Toronto)
The winner from each region will travel to Red Bull's Santa Monica eSports Studio to compete for a spot in the Battle Grounds Finals.
* Red Bull Battlegrounds website