Destiny's latest Crucible event came to an end yesterday, but today held a few small surprises for players. In an update to the Destiny slice of Bungie's blog, the developer confessed that nagging issues had been nagging, as nagging issues do, so Bungie smoothed them over.
The hot fix, available now, targets quests, activities, and items. Faction Class loot should now allow proper quest progression, and chests dispense lots of gear in Prison of Elders challenges.
Oddly, this update, referred to as "The One About Melee Attacks," has little to do with melee. Changes to melee attacks will be manually triggered on May 10 at 10a Pacific / 1p Eastern.
Full patch notes follow:
The following changes to the melee ability will be manually toggled on Tuesday, May 10th at 10AM Pacific. For a review of the changes read the last "This Week at Bungie."
• Fixed a bug that would start a melee target search from an incorrect position, frequently coming up short and causing the melee attack to whiff
• Adjust melee strike validation logic and player position networking during melee attacks to improve reliability across the network
• Fixed an issue in which chests in the original Prison of Elders challenge modes (Level 32, 34, 35) did not properly give loot
• Fixed an issue in which the Weekly Nightfall did not drop Ghosts above the player's Light correctly
• Fixed an issue that prevented completion of the quest "With Finesse and Speed"
• Fixed an issue that allowed purchase of Dreadfang before the player had completed the quest to obtain it
• Fixed an issue in which some of the Faction Class items did not properly allow quest progression for Factions
• Fixed an issue where the Hunter "Spektar Grasps" item did not properly display all geometry on PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360
• Fixed an issue in which Cryptarch Rank Up packages were incorrectly giving Year 1 Engrams
• Fixed an issue that would allow Universal Remote to decrypt from Special Weapon engrams when it is a primary weapon