The 19th annual DICE Awards took place yesterday with both Fallout and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt taking away a number of big awards.
Bethesda’s Fallout 4 went home with the Game of The Year, Outstanding Achievement in Game Direction and Role-Playing/Massively Multiplayer Game of the Year with Fallout Shelter also winning Mobile Game of the Year. The Witcher 3, on the other hand, was recognized for its outstanding achievement in game design, its outstanding technical achievement, and for its outstanding story.
Here’s the full list of categories and its winners from last night’s DICE Awards:
- Game of the Year: Fallout 4
- Action Game of the Year: Star Wars Battlefront
- Fighting Game of the Year: Mortal Kombat
- Family Game of the Year: Super Mario Maker
- Mobile Game of the Year: Fallout Shelter
- Outstanding Achievement in Character: Rise of the Tomb Raider - Lara Croft
- Outstanding Achievement in Original Music Composition: Ori and the Blind Forest
- Outstanding Achievement in Sound Design: Star Wars Battlefront
- Outstanding Achievement in Story: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Outstanding Technical Achievement: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Outstanding Achievement in Animation: Ori and the Blind Forest
- Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction: Ori and the Blind Forest
- Role-Playing / Massively Multiplayer Game of the Year: Fallout 4
- Strategy / Simulation Game of the Year: Heroes of the Storm
- Sports Game of the Year: Rocket League
- Racing Game of the Year: FORZA Motorsport 6
- Outstanding Achievement in Online Gameplay: Rocket League
- Handheld Game of the Year: Helldivers
- Technical Impact Award: Microsoft Basic
- Adventure Game of the Year: Metal Gear Solid 5
- DICE Sprite Award: Rocket League
- Outstanding Achievement in Game Design: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Outstanding Achievement in Game Direction: Fallout 4
Daniel Perez posted a new article, DICE 2016: Fallout 4 and The Witcher 3 win big at DICE Awards
How FO4 gets GOTY is beyond me...
Raising my eyebrow at that GOTY award.
Must be like the Oscars, you campaign hard enough and you can win. Fallout 4 was nowhere near GOTY material.