It hasn't been that long since Blizzard issued out the last balance patch for Heroes of the Storm. However, the mystical powers of Li-Ming are proving far too strong for the Nexus, so the overlords at Blizzard have stepped in to issue some major adjustments.
"Li-Ming is a little too strong right now," states the developer rationale on Battle.net. "Her ability to deal incredible damage is awesome, it was just happening too often, too easily. We've nerfed Astral Presence and Diamond Skin to preserve a couple of her core weaknesses: Mana tension and fragility. We've also removed Ess of Johan, because we found that it made landing Magic Missiles too easy. While we know that a lot of players really enjoy Ess of Johan, we think that it will be better for Li-Ming in the long run to preserve her high skill cap."
Li-Ming isn't the only one seeing some changes. Let's check out the full list of adjustments:
- Astral Presence (Talent): Mana Regeneration bonus now only triggers while below 25% Mana, rather than 50%
- Diamond Skin (Talent): Shield amount decreased from 25% to 20% of maximum Health
- Tal Rasha's Elements (Talent): Ability Power bonus decreased from 20% to 10%
- Magic Missiles (Q): Damage reduced from 147 (+3.5% per level) to 147 (+3% per level)
- Arcane Orb (W): Ess of Johan (Talent) removed. Triumvirate (Talent) distance traveled requirement reduced from 80% to 65% of maximum distance
- Lightning Shield (W): Rising Storm (Talent) damage bonus reduced from 20% to 10% per stack; Maximum stacks increased from 10 to 20
- Hardened Carapace (W): Shield amount increased from 242 (+4% per level) to 260 (+4% per level)
- Devour (E): Last Bite (Talent) cooldown reduction on kill decreased from 15 to 12 seconds
The other changes seem to address a few outstanding Hero issues, like Rehgar dealing too much damage with Lightning Shield and Stitches using a Last Bite exploit. While this change list seems small, it looks much bigger when stacked with the major tweaks issued last week.
Ozzie Mejia posted a new article, Heroes of the Storm balance patch reins in Li-Ming
Knew this was coming, she has been owning the lower tiers in Hero League lately.
Yeah, Ess of Johan made it way too easy to land all of her abilities, and Astral Presence largely remove any sense of mana management giving her near infinite siege potential.
Ya, figured this might happen. I kinda stopped player her because I didn't want to get too used to high dmg levels. After this balance patch I'll pick her up again. Still like KT more though. But I love how she's different from other heroes too.