Microsoft has announced Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition beta and Minecraft: Pocket Edition will be receiving its Overworld Update by the end of February.
The Overworld Update allows players to create more advanced mechanical contraptions for your world with additional redstone components. These advanced contraptions include comparators, repeaters, dispensers, droppers, hoppers, trapped chests, and additional Minecart types.
Players should expect to run into a spooky witch or two during their adventure, although they’re usually found hidden inside their huts. Venturing into these huts will allow you to use their cauldrons to create randomly-generated potions and dye your armor with a wide variety of colors.
There’s much more included within this month’s update. Here’s a full list of what you can expect:
- Finally make more advanced mechanical contraptions for your world with additional redstone components. Comparators, repeaters, dispensers, droppers, hoppers, trapped chests and various additional Minecart types will all be available. Invent all the things!
- Tangle with spooky witches and their huts during your adventures. Witch huts found while exploring swamps also now contain an exciting new feature – their cauldrons will be filled with a randomly generated potion that you can snag for your own if you’re feeling sticky-fingered.
- Speaking of cauldrons, they can now be used to dye your armor an array of beautiful colors.
- Display your coolest loot in your home with Item Frames – or mount your maps on the wall to plan your adventures with a world overview.
- Other gameplay elements new to Pocket Edition and Windows 10 Beta are slime blocks, wearable pumpkins, red sandstone as well as improved chicken jockey mobs.
- Import and export maps into the Windows 10 Edition Beta, making it easier for you to share your favorite worlds with friends.