Grandia II Anniversary Edition released on the PC last week, and today, GungHo has released patch 1.03 that offers 60fps battles, support for 4K & Ultra Wide resolutions, and more.
While the original Dreamcast version was 30fps, the new PC port now has the ability to allow for 60fps battles, which fans have been clamouring for ever since its release. GungHo notes 60fps battles are more taxing on PCs, so it would like fans to consider lowering their quality settings if they run into any issues. A toggle to turn off Improved Shadows has also been added for those with low-end systems, which will help run the game at a higher resolution and/or better frame rate.
Here’s the full list of patch notes GungHo has released for update 1.03:
New Video Settings
- 60FPS Battles On/Off toggle
- Shadows On/Off toggle
- Pause App on Focus Loss On/Off toggle
- 4K & Ultra Wide resolutions added
- Custom resolution support added (type any resolution in the drop down box
New Audio Settings
- Music Volume added
- Speech Volume added
- SFX Volume added
- Ambience Volume added
- Footsteps Volume added
- New Default Volume Mix updated
- Analog Camera On/Off toggle (disable for a temp fix for Xbox One controllers on Windows 10)
- Analog Movement On/Off toggle
- Fixed two memory leaks
- Fixed crash when Roan talks to NPC in Liligue City
- Fixed delayed from occurring at the end of moves/magic that play videos
- Fixed ground clipping on Millenia's Fallen Wings move
- Added Version Number to Main Launcher Window
Daniel Perez posted a new article, Grandia II Anniversary Edition gets 60fps battles, 4K support, and more in patch 1.03
That is awesome. Will need to purchase it again I guess.
This was such a good game. Probably one my favorite JRPG's of all time. That and Skies of Arcadia were a pretty amazing one-two punch on the Dreamcast.
The PC Gaming Master Race is pleased