PlayStation 4 owners may be getting the ability to stream their game sessions on additional services, which includes YouTube and Twitter, and additional features in its 3.00 firmware update.
Firmware 3.00 is currently available in Japan for users who are participating in the console’s beta program, and as Pocket News reports, it will be possible to stream games onto YouTube. This comes at a time where YouTube Gaming is set to take off to compete directly against Twitch and similar services. Additionally, Twitter users will be able to upload 10-second clips to the social media service.
Also included in firmware 3.00 is an Events menu which allows users to find and watch events related to PlayStation, a Community feature where users can join or create a new community, and additional methods to easily find and join games your friends are currently playing. Users will also be able to comment on What’s New activity feed items, can use Stamps in messages, and access a PlayStation Plus hub directly from the main menu.
While all of these features appear to be great additions to the PlayStation 4, they come from the beta version of firmware 3.00. That means we could expect some changes here and there once Sony officially announces what it will be including in the upcoming firmware update. In the meantime, here's a full, translated list of what's in the beta via Reddit:
Main features in version 3.00 beta update
- (Events) has been added to the function items. All events associated with PlayStation are now brought together, enabling you to discover, participate in and watch these events in a centralised area.
- (Communities) has been added to (Friends). (Communities) is a feature that enables you to find players who have similar tastes and interests. You can join an existing community or create your own community. You can also play games, join parties or talk about shared interests with members in the community.
- You can now go to (Now Playing) to see what games or parties members of the community are enjoying right now. You can also easily start a game, join a party or send a request to watch a member's gameplay in (Now Playing). You can access (Now Playing) from What's New, (Friends), (Communities), the message screen in (Messages) or Profile.
- The layout of the message screen in (Messages) has been improved. From the message screen, you can now select (Now Playing) or easily start a party. You can also add your favourite groups to [Favourite Groups] in (Friends).
- You can now broadcast your gameplay on YouTube™.
- You can now upload video clips to Twitter (10-second limitation).
Other features in version 3.00 beta
- The layout of (Live from PlayStation) has been improved. In addition to broadcasts, you can now view video clips and screenshots.
- You can now change the speed for automatic text scrolling in (Settings) > [Accessibility] > [Auto-Scroll Speed].
- [Community], [Requests to Watch Gameplay], [Events] and [Current Song] have been added to (Settings) > [Notifications] > [Display Pop-Up Notifications].
- You can now post your comments for activity feeds in What's New.
- You can now enjoy fun conversations with your Friends using (Stickers) in (Messages). (PlayStation®Plus) has been added to the function items. You can now see all of your PlayStation®Plus benefits, such as free monthly games, exclusive discounts, news and more, in one place.
- Accessibility features are now available when playing content from Blu-ray Discs™ or DVDs. Application of these features has also been expanded. You can now restrict the use of games while looking at age level information and rating icons.
- You can now create a sub account for a minor by selecting [New User] in the screen for selecting a user.
- You can now adjust settings for Web filtering services from (Settings) > [Parental Controls]. You can use the service to block objectionable websites from being displayed in the Internet Browser. (Additional fees may apply for use of the service.)
[Via Pocket News]
Daniel Perez posted a new article, PlayStation 4 update 3.00 may include YouTube broadcasting, Twitter clips, and more
I wish they would easily allow you to play ps4 Games on vita with a regular PS4 controller.
So er... When is Singstar going to be removed?