In an announcement from Gamescom 2015, Killer Instinct Season 3 will begin in March 2016 for Xbox One and Windows 10. However, the big surprise is that Rash from Battletoads is joing the fighting roster starting today, as a celebration of the Rare Replay Collection's release.
The details are all on the Killer Instinct website. Rash is avaliable for free to anyone that owns either Killer Instinct or Rare Replay. While KI players get him out of the gate, Rare Replay users will have to unlock the "Do You Have Battletoads?" achievement by launching Battletoads first. Rash will be available for download from now through September 8.
Rash's moves were also detailed. They include:
- Rash Bash (Back + HP) - Rash bashes with an overhead attack
- RUN! (Hold any direction) - Rash dashes towards his opponent
- Wicked Tongue (LB or All 3 Punches) - Rash's tongue allows him to stick to walls or an opponent and zipline in that direction.
- Big Bad Boot (quarter-circle forward + Kick) - Rash brings back the spiked boot from his old game.
- Wrecking Ball (quarter-circle back + Kick) - Rash becomes a wrecking ball and swings across the stage, causing either a hard knockdown or a wall splat.
- Battering Ram (quarter-circle forward + Punch) - Rash charges his opponent with ram horns
- Turbo Tunnel (Instinct) - Rash can summon his Speeder Bike... and immediately wreck it on his opponent's face.
Iron Galaxy notes that this is not the final look to Rash, so his animations, moves, and visual appearance are all subject to change. Feedback can be sent directly to the Killer Instinct Twitter account or to the Ultra-Combo forums.