Update: Blizzard has since issued a statement noting that Leoric is not, in fact, coming today. He will arrive next week.
.@HearthTrolden Leoric is not coming to the Nexus this week, but soon! Hopefully his spotlight video will help to tide you over!— Heroes of The Storm (@BlizzHeroes) July 14, 2015
Original story: Heroes of the Storm is continuing its Eternal Conflict update by adding the latest Hero from the Diablo universe. As originally revealed during E3 2015, King Leoric has made his debut, threatening to become one of the game's most powerful characters.
As discussed previously with the folks at Blizzard, here are King Leoric's attacks:
- (Q) Skeletal Swing - This is a wide swing that can reach multiple foes, while also applying a slowing effect.
- (W) Drain Hope - This will shackle foes affected and absorb their health.
- (E) Wraith Walk - This is Leoric's teleport move. His body will get the Unstoppable condition, while his wraith form moves anywhere. Leoric will then teleport his body to that location, allowing him to get the drop on foes.
- (R1) Entomb - This ultimate ability creates a set of walls that can trap any enemies inside. At level 20, anyone caught in these walls will also be impaled by spikes that pop up underneath.
- (R2) Match of the Black King - Leoric marches forward and crushes anything in his path. At level 20, he'll conclude his march by tethering a poor, hapless foe.
King Leoric's trait of Undying makes him an absolute force in the right hands, but remember that this trait is not to be abused, otherwise you'll simply be feeding points to the other team with each incompetent death.
The Eternal Conflict event is set to continue in the coming weeks with the arrival of the Diablo Monk, but in the meantime, check out the spotlight for King Leoric in the video below.
Ozzie Mejia posted a new article, Heroes of the Storm gets haunted by King Leoric today
My impression was that he was coming a week today not today
Sweet. Funny HOTS anecdote: I won a game recently as Tassadar, probably #2-3 in XP and played well enough. Last comments before the end "goodjob tassadar, when I saw you get picked I thought you were straight up retarded, but you were actually okay".
Thanks for the compliment!
This is how any of us should want to be remembered. Some day, when I get asked to speak at your funeral, I'll tell them, "RIP askedrelic. When I met him, I thought he was straight up retarded, but he was actually okay."