Amplitude Studios has released the Australium update with new Team Fortress 2 content for Dungeon of the Endless players today. Four playable characters and five new items to equip come with the update. All gamers who have purchased DotE will have access to the new DLC.
Dungeon of the Endless is a dungeon defense game with RPG elements downloadable from Steam and has an Xbox One release planned for later this year.
“We honestly have the best community members, the outpouring of support, and feedback that we receive from them on a regular basis is phenomenal,” Romain de Waubert de Genlis, chief creative officer at Amplitude said. “Our hope is that our community members enjoy the new update and continue to provide honest feedback helping us improve and perfect our games."
Meet the Team Fortress 2 Characters:
- Pat Bates (Pyro): Nobody knows where this thing came from, what it thinks, or why it does what it does. Eager researchers who interviewed Bates tend to either quickly change their area of study – or go completely insane!
- Kaspar Herab (Medic): Kaspar did, at some point, receive some form of medical training. The duration, sobriety, and quality of that training – and whether or not it pertained to human beings, is highly questionable. Herab’s eagerness to demonstrate it, is not.
- Dell Bradford (Engineer): Dell is a misplaced trans-dimensional copy of a non-existent being from a pseudo-reality. Fortunately, he is also a skilled engineer with at least 11 hard science PhDs. Minor questions concerning the nature of reality don’t bother him much.
- Misha Cherny (Heavy): Misha comes from a very cold gulag in a very cold place; much of his reputation stems from the fact that though he and his sisters escaped, none of the guards did. This experience has not affected the warmth of his personality, though it should be noted that the degree of warmth is directly proportional to the number of dead enemies.
The new Team Fortress 2 Items:
- Tower of Hats: Tarnish it not, presumptuous one.
- Gas Mask: A highly effective defense against anything from flatuation to the most toxic nerve gas. The only drawback is that the mask’s active ingredient causes idyllic, pastoral hallucinations.
- Dove: The only flying animal not yet eaten by the dungeon inhabitants, Archimede stays safely in the pocket of whoever is carrying it.
- jPad: One letter better than its famous predecessor, this handheld marvel contains optimized solutions for the materials, project plans, and techniques of module construction.
- Sandvich: Not considered edible by most sentient beings, this snack requires teeth capable of chewing gravel. On the plus side, it tastes like vodka.
Tad Huempfner posted a new article, Team Fortress 2 update enters the Dungeon of the Endless
does this game do local co-op? their website and steam page is terrible for finding that information out
also i was confused by the title of the article at first because it sounds like it's a team fortress update but it's an update for Dungeon of the Endless that adds team fortress 2 characters
haha thats awesome!
also, I love that they named the Pyro Pat
LOL that is a damn good one
Cool I guess? I think I'm having mixed feelings about this. Don't really think I want Team Fortress guys in my 4X Endless games?!? Doesn't make any sense. Especially the prequel to the series. But I suppose its all in jest.