CD Projekt Red released The Witcher 3 patch 1.03 on the PlayStation 4 this week, bringing with it a number of visual tweaks, enlarged text and icons when viewing the loot screen, and other improvements. While those playing the PS4 version were given a head start to the Xbox One version, it’s been revealed patch 1.03 will be making its way to those users today.
CD Projekt Red community lead Marcin Momot revealed patch 1.03 “should be available for Xbox users today,” then apologized for the wait. The patch will lock the frame rate of the Xbox One version to 30fps, which should clear up a number of stuttering issues players have reported since its release. Today’s patch will also fix issues players have experienced with save files.
Here’s the full patch notes, which if you’ve been keeping tabs on the PS4 version, is very similar:
- Corrects a bug where the player was able to shoot bolts at friendly NPCs.
- Corrects an issue related to Stamina regeneration while sprinting.
- Corrects a bug that could cause spontaneous combustion of gas clouds.
- Reduces spawn times for certain groups of NPCs.
- Blood particles will now correctly appear on water surfaces after foes are killed.
- Corrects a visual effect in the Wandering in the Dark quest.
- Improves foliage behavior in scenes.
- Reduces foliage shadow popping.
- Introduces a series of improvements in water rendering.
- "Melltith" sword is visible again.
- Fixes some minor graphics bugs in gwent.
- Corrects some missing translations in localized versions.
- Improves performance, especially in cutscenes and during gameplay.
- Caps the framerate at 30 fps.
- Fixes an issue that caused the autosave function to break during longer game sessions.
- Introduces a number of minor improvements in SFX.
- Fixes an issue that could have caused an infinite loading screen in certain circumstances in the Wandering in the Dark quest.
- Corrects an issue in the dialogue system that might have caused rare instances of dialogue looping in certain scenes.
- Improves stability in gameplay and the UI, especially during games of gwent.
- Upgrading items included in gear sets no longer destroys rune sockets on said items.
- Fixes an occasional bug in the Journal in the Fake Papers quest.
- Enlarges the loot pop-up window in the UI.
- Button callouts are now correctly displayed in the Main and Pause menus in the Japanese version.
Daniel Perez posted a new article, The Witcher 3 Xbox One patch 1.03 coming today; full patch notes released
"caps the framerate at 30 fps"
And this is next gen?
This game is so sick on pc, especially with that e3 2k13 gfx boost.
The XBoner can't handle the powah!