CD Projekt Red has released a new patch for the PlayStation 4 version of The Witcher 3 that makes a number of visual tweaks, improvements to loading screen times, and enlarges the text for the loot screen.
The Witcher 3 patch 1.03 also improves the performance of the game, especially in cutscenes and during gameplay, which will hopefully improve the game’s reported frame rate issues.
The Xbox One version of The Witcher 3 is currently going through Microsoft’s certification process, which means that version should hopefully get patched very soon. In the meantime, here’s the full patch list of the PS4 version, which we assume would read similar to the Xbox One version:
Witcher 3 PS4 Patch 1.03:
- Corrects a bug where the player was able to shoot bolts at friendly NPCs.
- Corrects an issue related to Stamina regeneration while sprinting.
- Corrects a bug that could cause spontaneous combustion of gas clouds.
- Reduces spawn times for certain groups of NPCs.
- Blood particles will now properly appear on water surfaces after foes are killed.
- Corrects a visual effect in the Wandering in the Dark quest.
- Improves foliage behavior in scenes.
- Reduces foliage shadow popping.
- "Melltith" sword is visible again.
- Fixes some minor graphics bugs in gwent.
- Corrects some missing translations in localized versions.
- Improves performance, especially in cutscenes and during gameplay.
- Introduces a number of minor improvements in SFX.
- Fixes an issue that could have caused an infinite loading screen in certain circumstances in Wandering in the Dark quest.
- Corrects an issue in the dialogue system that might have caused rare instances of dialogue looping in certain scenes.
- Improves stability in gameplay and the UI, especially during games of gwent.
- Upgrading items included in gear sets no longer destroys rune sockets on said items.
- Fixes an occasional bug in the Journal in the Fake Papers quest.
- Enlarges the loot pop-up window in the UI.
The PC version of The Witcher 3 was patched last week and offers many of the improvements found in the PlayStation 4 patch. It's a shame console owners still have to wait so long for patches to be released considering just how fast PC owners are able to get their game patched up. Maybe some day in the future, Sony, Microsoft, and even Nintendo can expedite game patches for AAA titles so console owners can have the best experience as soon as possible.
Daniel Perez posted a new article, The Witcher 3 PS4 patch now available; Xbox One patch coming soon
The frame-rate definitely seem to have less stutter now than before.