The Witcher 3 PC gets graphics and stability patch; console version coming soon
The Witcher 3's PC version has receive a patch that improves a number of aspects for the game. Don't worry, console owners. Your version is coming soon.
CD Projeckt Red released a patch for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on the PC that improves stability, enhances its performance, and allows users to take advantage of some additional graphical options.
Here’s the full list of patch notes:
- Improves stability in gameplay and the UI
- Improves performance especially in cutscenes and gameplay
- Fixes grass and foliage popping that could occur after density parameters were changed
- Improves Nvidia Hairworks performance
- Boosted texture anisotropy sampling to 16x on Ultra preset
- Sharpen Post-process settings extended from Off/On to Off/Low/High
- Blood particles will now properly appear after killing enemies on the water
- Corrects a bug where player was able to shoot bolts at friendly NPCs
- Improves menu handling
- Corrects an issue with Stamina regeneration while sprinting
- Fixes a cursor lock issue that sometimes occcured when scrolling the map
- Generally improves world map focus
- Improves input responsiveness when using keyboard
- Corrects some missing translations in the UI
- Corrects an issue in dialogue selections
- Rostan Muggs is back
- Minor SFX improvements
CD Projekt Red said a console version of this patch is coming and will be available soon.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt was released this week and have been working on our review, as well as additional content like our guides to find all places of power and the White Orchard side quests, as well as our videos showing how to play Gwent and a graphical comparison of both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions. Considering this patch is expected to improve the visuals of the console version, we’re curious to see just how big of an impact it’ll make to what’s already available.
Daniel Perez posted a new article, The Witcher 3 PC gets graphics and stability patch; console version coming soon