Halo: The Master Chief Collection received a new update today, offering some major tweaks to all four of the games featured in the compilation. 343 also offered an update on some new additions, namely the Relic multiplayer map and the Halo 3: ODST campaign, noting that they will arrive next month.
As for this 1.6 GB update, one of the biggest changes is the addition of new penalties for rage quits and betrayal. Quitting will now be treated as a loss in ranked playlists, resulting in an impact on a player's ranking. Meanwhile, quitting and betrayals will be tracked in the future, with 343 promising unspecified action against repeat offenders.
The other big updates look like this (via Halo Waypoint):
Halo: Combat Evolved
- Resolved an issue that was causing off-host players to deal more damage than the host in peer-to-peer custom games.
- Updated Derelict to include the Rocket Launcher when selecting the "Classic" weapon set.
- Made improvements to vehicle weapon accuracy.
- Resolved an issue that caused incorrect bullet and grenade collision with an invisible object on the map Derelict.
- Update the "Boxer" controller layout by switching the “switch grenade” and “throw grenade” buttons.
Halo 2 (Classic)
- Resolved a hitbox issue where shooting an enemy’s weapon from the front would not cause damage.
- Corrected the matchmaking Team Ball respawn modifier from “Inheritance” to "None."
- Updated Halo 3 Forge to include editing for all game types.
- Made significant improvements to Halo 3 audio, specifically in regards to weapon fire and sound effects.
- Made improvements to Halo 3 multiplayer networking stability.
- Made improvements to Halo 3's controller "deadzones."
- Resolved issues that were causing Halo 3 multiplayer stats to not track correctly.
- Resolved lighting and shading issues occurring on the "Sandbox" multiplayer map.
- Resolved an issue where the "Begins with a Single Step" achievement did not unlock correctly.
- Resolved an issue where the Golf Club object did not appear correctly in Forge.
- Resolved an issue where Primary Weapons could display in the Secondary Weapon slot after removing the Firepower Tactical Package.
- Made improvements to voice chat consistency, specifically in team-based matchmaking games.
- Resolved an issue where a player may not hear another player via voice chat after completing a game.
- Improved party functionality, specifically in regards to game invites and joinable states.
- Increased the speed at which the roster populates with Xbox Live friends after completing a game.
- Resolved an issue where players could get stuck on the "Leaving Matchmaking" screen for longer than usual.
- Resolved an issue where players were unable to join immediately after becoming Xbox Live friends.
- Resolved an issue that caused "The Guardians Are Coming" achievement to not unlock correctly.
- Resolved issues that caused complications with Spartan Ops achievements unlocking.
UI, Stability, Misc.
- Made a variety of improvements to UI throughout the title, specifically in regards to notification messages and stability.
- Improved Playlist and Campaign Career Stats tracking for Halo 2, Halo 3 & Halo 4.
- Made a variety of significant improvements to stability throughout the title.
With rankings adjusted, 343 adds that ranking for Halo 2: Anniversary are being reset. Additional playlists will also be added in the coming days.
Ozzie Mejia posted a new article, Halo: The Master Chief Collection gets new update, ODST coming in May
Sounds like it's almost ready to ship!