It took a skilled Hearthstone player to escape Kel'thuzad's wrath in last year's Curse of Naxxramas expansion. Now Blizzard is putting forth a new challenge for its players, preparing them to leap into the heart of the treacherous Blackrock Mountain. Yes, Hearthstone: Blackrock Mountain will be the digital card game's second single-player adventure, debuting for the first time at this year's PAX East.
Just as with Naxxramas, Blackrock Mountain will pit players against powerful boss characters. Each boss will have their own unique deck, which include cards unique only to them and others that can be unlocked by successfully defeating them. A total of 31 cards can be unlocked over the course of Blackrock Mountain. Here are a few of the ones revealed on Battle.net:
- Rend Blackhand (7 mana, 8/4) - Battlecry: If you're holding a Dragon, destroy a Legendary minion.
- Dark Iron Skulker (5 mana, 4/3) - Battlecry: Deal 2 damage to all undamaged enemy minions.
- Grim Patron (5 mana, 3/3) - Whenever this minion survives damage, summon another Grim Patron.
- Hungry Dragon (4 mana, 5/6) - Battlecry: Summon a random 1-cost minion for your opponent.
- Blackwing Technician (3 mana, 2/4) - Battlecry: If you're holding a Dragon, gain +1/+1.
Blackrock Mountain will also have its unique class challenges and new Heroic modes, which promise to deliver all the pain that Kel'thuzad did, in spades. The pricing structure should look familiar. All five wings available for $24.99, with individual wings available for $6.99 or 700 gold. Blizzard is also looking to entice users to pre-order by offering a unique cardback. Pre-orders are set to open on March 19 with Blackrock Mountain opening up in April.
Ozzie Mejia posted a new article, Hearthstone ventures to Blackrock Mountain in April
Our lord and savior, Steve Watts, will be extremely pleased by this news!
So, the new rogue card definitely is out to shut down mech mage. I am not sure I like the card that nukes a card based on rarity. I'm definitely going to pre-order it though.
Yeaaaaaaaaaa. Love me some new Hearthstone content.