The 2014 IndieCade Award Finalists have been named for this year's IndieCade Festival. As is the case each year, this year's event will celebrate the best indie games across all video game platforms, as well as other areas like board gaming and outdoor activities.
This year's notable finalists include current releases like Double Fine's Hack 'n' Slash and Digital Dreams' Metrico. There are also several upcoming releases, like Affordable Space Adventures from KnapNok Games and Nifflas, Close Castles from Sirvo, and Metanet's N++.
Here are the full list of video games for this year's IndieCade Award Finalists:
- Affordable Space Adventures [Wii U] - KnapNok Games & Nifflas Games
- Bloom – The Game [Big Game/Installation] - Bloom Games
- Choice Chamber [PC, Mac] - Studio Bean
- Close Castles [PC, Mac] - Sirvo
- Close Your Eyes [PC] - DigiPen Team Indoor Sunglasses
- Cuppa Quest [iOS] - Team Aet
- Drei [PC, Mac, Mobile] - Etter Studio
- Elbow Room [PC, Mac (Installation), Tablet] - Deep Dark Hole
- Ether One [PC] - White Paper Games
- Fract OSC [PC, Mac] - Phosfiend Systems
- Framed [iOS, PC, Mac] - Loveshack
- Gemini [TBD] - Team Gemini
- Hack ‘n’ Slash [PC, Mac, Linux] - Double Fine Productions
- Henka Twist Caper [PC, Mac, Big Game/Physical] - OriGaminc
- How Do You Do It? [Flash (PC, Mac, Linux)] - Freeman, Butler, Coss, Kittaka
- Ice-Bound [iPad and printed book] - Down to the Wire
- iO [OUYA, PC, Mac, Mobile] - Gamious
- Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes [PC, Oculus Rift] - Keep Talking Team
- Lyne [iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, Linux] - Thomas Bowker
- Metrico [PlayStation Vita] - Digital Dreams
- Mini Metro [PC, Mac, Linux, Mobile] - Dinosaur Polo Club
- N++ [PlayStation 4] - Metanet Software Inc.
- Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna) [PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One] - Upper One Games/E-Line Media
- Nova-111 [PC, Mac] - Funktronic Labs
- Private Eye [PC, Oculus Rift] - Slacker Games
- Redshirt [PC, Mac, iPad] - The Tiniest Shark
- Risk of Rain [PC, PlayStation Vita, Xbox One] - Hopoo Games, LLC
- Soulfill [iOS] - Little Wins LLC
And here's a list of some of the other finalists in the non-video gaming area:
- Antimatter Matters: A Quantum Physics Board Game (Really!) [Board Game] - Elbowfish
- Coffee: A Misunderstanding [Performance] - Deirdra "Squinky" Kiai
- Grow: The Organic Building Game [Table] - CricKeT Games
- Heifer Heist [Board Game] - cow&duck studios
- Service [Live Action Role Playing Game (LARP)] - Shoshana Kessock/Phoenix Outlaw Productions
- Slap .45 [Table] - Gnarwhal Studios
- Tumball [Big Game/Sport] - Tender Claws
- Use of Force [Virtual Reality Installation] - Emblematic Group
All of these games will be featured at the IndieCade Festival in Culver City, CA on the weekend of October 9 through the 12. For more information on each of these games, be sure to visit the IndieCade website.
Ozzie Mejia posted a new article, IndieCade 2014 finalists named.
Hack 'n' Slash, Close Castles, and Metrico are among the many finalist selections for IndieCade 2014, celebrating the best in indie gaming across a variety of platforms.
About Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
Strap on a virtual reality headset and find yourself trapped alone in a room with a ticking time bomb. Your friends in the real world have the manual to defuse it, but they can’t see the bomb so you’re going to have to talk it out - fast!
This sounds like the GREATEST IDEA EVER!!!
Idle Thumbs was talking about that on their latest podcast. It sounds like the best idea. I'd love to do this over a phone call with a friend with the rift on.
And play the 24 tension music.
If you haven't tried it yet, get some friends, some phones, and play Space Team.
Sort of similar concept... in spirit of having to give and decipher orders under pressure.
SpaceTeam is amazing! I tried that out at E3 last year and it's crazy fun!
Which of these developers are friends with Zoe Quinn, I wanna know who the winners will be.
Lol, all of them. And the winner will be whatever entry least resembles a game, just like Depression Quest.