Magic 2015: Duels of the Planeswalkers is coming later this month, and this year Wizards of the Coast is introducing specially designed cards from video game luminaries. Today the studio outlined all fourteen creators, and the names of the cards they helped brainstorm.
- Aggressive Mining - Markus "Notch" Persson (Minecraft)
- Wall of Essence - Isaiah Cartwright (Guild Wars)
- Chasm Skulker - Mike Neumann (Borderlands)
- Master of Predicaments - David Sirlin (Street Fighter)
- Cruel Sadist - Edmund McMillen (Super Meat Boy)
- Ob Nixilis, Unshackled - Brad Muir (Brutal Legend, Iron Brigade)
- Xathrid Slyblade - Rob Pardo (World of Warcraft)
- Goblin Kaboomist - Stone Librande (Diablo 3)
- Genesis Hydra - George Fan (Plants vs. Zombies)
- Yisan, the Wanderer Bard - Brian Fargo (Fallout)
- Hot Soup - James Ernst (BRAWL)
- Shield of the Avatar - Richard Garriott (Ultima)
- Avarice Amulet - Penny Arcade (webcomic)
- Spirit Bonds - Justin Gary (pro Magic player)
- Waste Not - Magic community
Steve Watts posted a new article, Magic 2015 introduces 14 specially-designed cards.
Magic 2015: Duels of the Planeswalkers will introduce fourteen cards designed by gaming luminaries and members of the community, and today we know just who is behind all the special cards.
And with the new pricing structure, you can get all 14 for $20.
Goblin Kaboomist is a great name.
Trivia: Justin Gary is listed as a pro Magic player but he's better known these days as the head of Stone Blade Entertainment which makes Ascension and SolForge.