Late Night Computing for November 21, 2012, and boy am I hungry already.
Anyone out there giving Planetside 2 a whirl? I played the original some in college as a dropship pilot, especially since combat was so sketchy with a slow Internet connection. Good times were had! I'm expecting more of the same to give me a break from those pesky relatives. Sometimes you just need to shoot something, you know?
- Australian man has something of a gaming marathon and plays Call of Duty: Black Ops II for 122 hours. What's the longest you've played in one sitting? [via Yahoo! Games]
- As if ruining election night drama wasn't enough, now Nate Silver is after your pumpkin pie. [via NPR]
- American shoppers could spend nearly $32 billion as Black Friday and Cyber Monday land. Powered by turkey and pumpkin pie, of course. [via VentureBeat]
- What does the future of the mobile computing hold? Five experts weigh-in and give their thoughts. [via TheNextWeb]
- Social networking is adding to your psychosis. LatestChatty in particular. [via Science Daily]
Chatty posts of the moment.
Make sure you log-in and check your filters if you can't see the following:
- The Walking Dead: Episode 5. Bravo. Excellent storytelling. Perhaps a new high-water mark for the medium. [by pgharavi]
- "Steam Sale Thread for the day! What's on your list? Do you think Valve will go back to the achievement-based objectives and contests that we've seen in previous sales, but that were abandoned during the recent summer sale? Flash sales or no flash sales? Discuss!" [by JynnanTonnyx]
Eastern Fronts 1.70 for Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts. "Eastern Front is a free mod for Company of Heroes. Following the ethos of mimicking a Relic Entertainment expansion pack, Eastern Front has succeeded in adding a full Soviet faction packed with unique and exciting units to the existing armies - a feat never before achieved in the Company of Heroes world." Download the mod for Windows.
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed launch trailer:
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed launches just in time for the holiday season.