Stompy, stompy, Late Night Computing is here for November 20, 2012.
The Walking Dead isn't out for me until tomorrow, so it looks like I'm hitting the battlefield of MechWarrior Online to test out the brand new Cataphract. I've been running the first hero mech in the Yen-Lo-Wang, a Centurion-class mech, and doing pretty well. The C-bill boost is probably the best part about that mech at the moment, helping me to quickly rebuild my reserve since the open beta reset. What type of mech are you running?
- Electronic Arts keeps the hockey season alive as the strike carries on with their NHL 13 simulated Week 7 highlight reel. [via Youtube]
- Use your gaming skills to become a modern surgeon. Though, before you apply to medical school, find your old Operation! set and see how you fare. [via ArsTechnica]
- Continuing the weeks Twinkie craze, Business Week investigates the real reasons behind the bankruptcy. [via BusinessWeek]
- Syfy reboots Battle Bots as the Robot Combat League. Hugh Jackman seen working out in the background. [via Entertainment Weekly]
- Popular Science takes a look at the Israeli Iron Dome system, which helps to knock incoming missiles out of the sky. [via Popular Science]
Chatty posts of the moment.
Make sure you log-in and check your filters if you can't see the following:
- Just...read this post. valcan_s shows off Hitman: Absolution on his powerful gaming PC with the details cranked to the max. And it looks amazing. [by valcan_s]
- "This really has been the year of stealth games. It is a good time to be alive! Between Dishonored, Mark of the Ninja, Hitman: Absolution, and Batman: Arkham City (although that was technically 2011), we have a healthy mix of original and franchise stealth games. I used to think of the sub genre as lacking the attention of developers, but this year has turned that opinion around. I hope the trend continues. What are some other great stealth games or series?" [by amrbean]
Planetside 2 client downloader 1.0 "PlanetSide 2 is a Massively Multiplayer first person shooter that delivers truly epic, massive combat on a scale never before seen in stunning, breathtaking detail. Battles take place not between dozens of troops, but thousands; with air and ground vehicles slugging it out alongside squads of troops. Whether in open fields, tightly-packed urban centers or enormous structures, winning requires strategic teamwork and a quick trigger finger." Download the client for Windows.
DmC: Devil May Cry demo trailer:
Get your hands on Dante with the DmC: Devil May Cry demo, available now.
NBA 2K13 launches for the WiiU with a celebatory trailer, watch the full Halo 4 Spartan Ops Episode 3 cinematic, see what Tripwire Interactive is releasing for free this fall with a new Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad trailer, and Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse launches with a new trailer.