Indie developer Gaslamp Games, creator of the roguelike RPG Dungeons of Dredmor, has revealed today on its official blog that a new expansion containing an extra dose of dungeon-crawling goodness is on the way. The upcoming expansion, subtitled 'Conquest of the Wizardlands,' features things like new weapons and enemies, but also introduces ubiquitous RPG staples like an Encrusting System, Drunkenness, and Diggle Hell. Okay, maybe ubiquitous is the wrong word here.
As the title of the new expansion indicates, there will be wizards and lands in the upcoming Dungeons of Dredmor expansion, as well as some conquest, but the complete list of features is equal parts funny and compelling, so we've included it below for your perusal.
Dungeons of Dredmor: Conquest of the Wizardlands features:
- Explore the Wizardlands! Trade Wizarding Graffiti with your friends and enemies alike to gain access to the fractured extra-dimensional domains of the Wizards using an innovative retro-inspired magic password system.
- Harness the expanded storage space of your very own Pocket Dimension where interdimensional gnomes probably won't steal all your crafting-junk.
- Encrust your Equipment with our powerful new Encrusting System! Upgrade weapons and armour with powerful crusts, offering special abilities and horrifying instability effects as crust is encrusted upon crust!
- Tackle new foes from the terrifyingly fun Baron Samedi to the small and annoying Cloud Gremlins who shoot small and annoying lightning bolts at you! Beware the Monstrous Rutabaga, scourge of the Vikings, who will run you down at unexpected speed with the monstrous dash ability.
- New trophy screens, including a rewrite of the achievement system for off-line play (and people not using Steam)
- Two new weapon types: Daggers and Polearms! (No really, they're not Swords and Staves anymore!)
- A whole WHACK of new Skills: Daggers, Polearms, Bankster, Communist, Paranormal Investigator, Magical Law, and more!
- A small, pleasant handful of usability fixes! (Which everyone with the core game will get for free, naturally.)
- Enhanced sneakiness, monster sight cones, and alertness levels for more roguish gameplay! The only thing missing is a box you can carry around to hide in — unless you count an extra-dimensional box (see the first item in this list).
- Diggle Hell. It's a real place.
'Conquest of the Wizardlands' is due out "pretty darned quick," according to Gaslamp, and will cost $2.99 once it's released.
Jeff Mattas posted a new article, 'Conquest of the Wizardlands' expansion coming to Dungeons of Dredmor.
Gaslamp Games' has announced a new expansion for its indie RPG Dungeons of Dredmor, called 'Conquest of the Wizardlands.'