Bethesda has announced details for their next Skyrim update. Patch 1.6 will add one of the fans' most-requested features: mounted combat. With the update, players will be able to do melee and ranged combat while riding a horse, as seen in the screenshot above.
In addition, the 1.6 patch will add a flurry of bug fixes, including general stability and memory optimizations, AI pathfinding optimizations, and crash fixes for data leaks. The update will be available on all three platforms, but there's no date yet.
Bug fixes in the 1.6 Update (all platforms unless specified):
- General stability and memory optimizations
- General AI pathfinding optimizations and bug fixes
- Optimizations and crash fixes for data leaks
- Fixed rare crash with lighting
- Fixed crashes related to loading and saving games
- Fixed crash with summoned creatures/NPCs
- Fixed rare issue where saves would be corrupted
- Improved logic for when ranged kill cams are played
- Fixed issue with ranged kill cams while killing a dragon
- Fixed rare issue with certain ranged kill cams not playing properly
- Fixed issue with nirnroot lighting not properly cleaning up
- Fixed issue where bow damage was being calculated incorrectly
- Fixed rare problem with werewolf kill moves would not finish animating properly
- In "The Break of Dawn" fixed rare issue where Meridia's Beacon would disappear from player's inventory
- Fixed occasional issue where followers would disappear after player pays off a bounty after committing a crime
- Fixed issue where certain creatures and NPCs would fail to respawn properly
- Fixed rare issue with dialogue subtitles not displaying properly
- Fixed issue with water appearing blurry when loading a saved game after creating a save underwater
- Fixed issue where map cursor would occasionally disappear after closing a message box with Kinect enabled (Xbox 360)
- Fixed rare issue with shouts only performing the first level and not other unlocked levels with Kinect enabled (Xbox 360)
- Fixed issue where the shout buttons would stop working properly if users mashed LB and RB during cooldown with Kinect enabled (Xbox 360)
And in typical Bethesda fashion, the company has no new details on Dawnguard, the upcoming DLC for Skyrim.
Andrew Yoon posted a new article, Skyrim 1.6 adds mounted combat.
Bethesda has announced details for their next Skyrim update. Patch 1.6 will add one of the fans' most-requested features: mounted combat.
Does this mean first person horse riding is finally back?
most likely not
Confirmed. You can opt into the beta on Steam right now and check out the mounted combat.
I thought just riding around was bad enough in a forced 3rd person perspective in an otherwise 1st person game, but the mounted combat is even worse because of it. Blah.
Even Oblivion had first person horses. I don't fucking understand it.
oh, thats what that beta is, meh, I use SKSE so I normally just wait for the official push.
People play this game in 1st person? I had no idea.
I guess it does save you from having to see the terrible character animations.
Why would anyone choose to play in 3rd person? Big model in your way, further away from the bad collision detection of combat, less sense of immersion. Weird.
Did they ever say which hing from the GameJam were being added in? Spears with mounted combat would be pretty cool, imo.
Damn, I don't see a fix for your quest log showing [...] after the battle for whiterun :(
I'd better be able to buy some goddamn horse armor
just finished the 360 version at level 72 and since the last patch loading screens feel like they're twice as long, more crashes during combat, right and left hand buttons randomly stop working along with menu navigation. :/