EVE Online may be going through an economic purge, but they're not letting it spoil their birthday. The simulated universe is about to turn nine years old on May 6, a ripe-old age most MMOs can only dream of. Developer CCP is celebrating by serving up the traditional cake, ice cream, and gifts to fans.
No, they're not really serving cake or ice cream. Sorry to get your hopes up.
A post on the developer blog detailed the gift options, which will roll out on May 4. You'll be able to take your pick anytime before June 4 at 23:59:59 UTC, by going here. Check out the gifts below and get out your party hats and kazoos while you wait for Friday to come around.
- Fire All Lasers (with Dignity) - Omen and Maller (Cruisers) + Medium Energy Turret and Amarr Cruisers (Skill Books)
- Duty, Honor, State (and Missiles) - Caracal and Moa (Cruisers) + Assault Missiles, Medium Hybrid Turret, Heavy Missiles, Caldari Cruiser (Skill Books)
- Deadly Elegance (Drones Extra) - Vexor and Thorax (Cruisers) + Medium Hybrid Turret and Gallente Cruisers (Skill Books)
- Heavy Iron (Rusted) - Stabber and Rupture (Cruisers) + Assault Missiles, Medium Projectile Turret, Heavy Missiles, Minmatar Cruiser (Skill Books)
- Plug and Play - Full set of +2 Attribute Implants (Limited Ocular Filter Beta, Limited Neural Boost Beta...etc...)
- Refine Your Skills - Memory Augmentation Standard and Cybernetic Subprocessor Standard (Implants) + Scrapmetal, Ice and all other ore Processing (Skillbooks)
- Drill Bits - 10x each ore mining crystal I's (10x Arkonor Mining Crystal I, 10x Bistot Mining Crystal I...etc...10 x Veldspar Mining Crystal I)
- A Paxist Treasure - Pax Ammaria - Collector's Item
Steve Watts posted a new article, EVE Online celebrating 9th birthday with player gifts.
CCP has detailed a set of gifts that EVE Online players will be able to choose from when the game celebrates its 9th birthday later this week.
You have to go to Jita to pick them up. It's legit, I swear.
Pretty underwhelming for me as a 5-6 year veteran. I guess the +2 set is ok but I don't even use implants.
You're missing out if you're not using at least some implants in one of your clones.
Combat bonuses maybe, but I have had practically everything I want trained for a long time now.
...been back in eve for 4 months, and I see +2 imps as worthless. If they were +3 it'd be awesome, but 2...w/e. That's not a gift, imo. The Christmas gifts were gifts. These are the things players use within their first few weeks of play.