While one particular aspect of Mass Effect 3 has gotten more than its share of coverage, another glitch that got lost in the shuffle was the fact that I couldn't get my Shepard to look the way he did in the first two games. The import didn't work. Well, shazam, ta-dah and lo and behold, the PC fix comes out today.
If you had stuck with the standard Shepard look, then you really won't care, but to many this is a big deal. But the lack of the personal touch really irritated some of the faithful. Here's a look at the patch notes, and if your are looking for a change to the ending, forget it.
- Fixed issues when in some cases Shepard's customized facial features from ME1/ME2 may not be properly imported to ME3
- Fixed an issue when quickly and repeatedly selecting to Resume a Save could result in Player Level reset and a potential locking of powers
- Fixed an issue when selecting Multiplayer in the Main Menu while under a poor network connection could result in an unresponsive state
- Fixed a potential crash while accessing an in-game terminal from Eden Prime level
- Fixed an issue when attempting to login while Server is down. It would display a Server Down message and accepting the Server Shutdown message would shut down the game
- Fixed a potential memory crash while loading a Quick Save of a custom FemShep
- Fixed an issue when restarting missions and acquiring an above max amount of weapon mods results in displayed debug text on-screen
- Fixed an issue when an unresponsive game state could occur during transition after the Conduit level
- Fixed an issue when DLC game saves can be accessed from an account without DLC if another account on the same computer has access to the related DLC (PC Only)
- Fixed an issue when saves from different accounts on the same computer may become locked if one account has access to DLC which the other account does not (PC Only)
The Xbox 360 and PS3 patch will come out tomorrow.
John Keefer posted a new article, Mass Effect 3 face bug patch hits today.
If you were upset that you couldn't import Shepard's face fro Mass Effect or Mass Effect 2, you can finally relax. The plastic surgery patch comes out today.
I actually enjow the MP and I was hoping they would fix of the show stopping MP bugs, like this one...
There's also the glitch with infinite shields I've gotten as Drell adept (I think it has to do with Reave?), and the camera desync'ing from your character so you it doesn't turn with you anymore.
You can leave and reconnect to a session in progress.
Ok, to me in that video, he did that on purpose. If he was going to try to get out of it, shouldn't he tried to roll away from the edge. It looked more like it was, "Look I can glitch out, and then got his screen filled by pipes.
Face Import Bug
Shack Shep roll call! Who patched their game and successfully had it import your ME2 Shep?
My ME2 Shep (heavily customized in ME1 and imported into ME2):
The ME3 imposter shep I created after getting tired of waiting for this patch:
What my newly-patched ME3 thinks my Shep should look like:
How about you guys? Did it work for you? I've already rebooted and all that jazz. Makes me glad I didn't wait all this time for this patch.
I don't see the problem.. it's reasonably close to your old one isn't it?
I recreated it to make him look more weathered, gave him a haircut and a 5 O'clock shadow. I'm glad I did, it makes the cutscenes a little more immersive.
so if you're 30 hours into your current game, there's no way to import just your face? you would think fixing this bug a full month after the game was out, they would give you the option...
I'll probably just use default femshep face if I can. I used the default in 1, made it a bit cooler in 2, so not that fussed about import since the proper femshep looks much better.
Hehe, face bug...