Sony announced the winners of its 2012 "Gamer's Choice" awards (promotion) today. These will be the 10 games that you can claim steep discounts on for the next week, starting tonight when the PlayStation Store updates. Each one will be discounted 30%, or 50% if you're a PlayStation Plus subscriber.
A few of the choices seem obvious in retrospect. "Best PlayStation Classic" went to Chrono Trigger because democracy isn't that broken yet. Dissidia 012[duodecim] Final Fantasy beat the previous game in the same series for "Best PSP Game" -- though oddly, those two didn't split the vote for an easy Tactics Ogre win. And the baffling continued popularity of Angry Birds marches on.
Then there are more contentious wins, like Infamous: Festival of Blood beating Pixeljunk Shooter 2. The PlayStation Blog reveals that Dungeon Hunter Alliance just barely squeaked out a victory over Dungeon Defenders
Check out the full winner list below, and warm up those wallets on the games you've been waiting to buy at a good price.
- Best PSN Exclusive: inFAMOUS Festival of Blood (PS3)
- Best PSN Game: Resident Evil 4 (PS3)
- Best PSN Game Playable Online: Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition (PS3)
- Best PS3 Full Game: Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood (PS3)
- Best PlayStation Move Game: Dungeon Hunter: Alliance (PS3)
- Best 3D Game: God of War: Origins Collection (PS3)
- Best PlayStation Classic: Chrono Trigger (PS3/PSP)
- Best Mini Game: Angry Birds (PS3/PSP)
- Best PSP Game: DISSIDIA 012 [duodecim] FINAL FANTASY (PSP)
- PlayStation Community Award: Best Indie: LIMBO (PS3)
Steve Watts posted a new article, PlayStation Network 'Gamers Choice' winners announced.
Sony announced the winners of its 2012 "Gamer's Choice" awards today, and will begin granting a week-long 30% discount (50% for PS+ members) later tonight with the PlayStation Store update.
I'll probably snag a copy of RE4 and *maybe* Birds ( depending on the price.)
If it's not too much for me, I'll also probably shell out for Brotherhood. I was hoping DDefenders would also make it, but I guess I'll just stick to my Steam copy.