"Shortly after" release, we should see patches for unranked custom games for private and clan matches, a bevy of new custom game options, clan options, balance adjustments and color-blind support, among others. We particularly like the note claiming that "overly enthusiastic death screams will be toned down." Come on, a guy can't die enthusiastically anymore?
Killzone 3 is scheduled to launch on February 22, exclusively for PlayStation 3. Check out the full list of planned patch notes after the break.
- Implement unranked custom games for players to create private or clan matches
- Enhanced custom games functionality that will allow players to:
- Control over games modes and settings
- Secure games, allowing you to invite the players you want to play with
- The ability to prevent abilities and weapons from being used
- Toggling on and off functionality, such as ribbons, skills, explosives, etc.
- Selecting which careers you want available to players
- Allow friendly fire to be turned on or off
- Faction switching enabled or disabled
- The Clan Officer role will be added to clans
- Separate turn speeds for hip-fire and ADS
- Overly enthusiastic death screams will be toned down
- Increased the amount of kills required to win a Guerrilla Warfare match
- Increased Accuracy ribbon will have its effectiveness lowered
- Likewise, the Bullet Damage ribbon will have its effectiveness lowered as well
- Matches will end if the other team forfeits (i.e. too few, or no players on the enemy team)
- Matchmaking enhancements that will close and merge games based on player count, which will keep games more full
- Balance factions out by moving players to the other team at the end of the match if one team is lopsided
- The ability to turn off HUD markers for point pop-ups and objectives
- A menu option to allow squad-only chat
- The addition of a Mute All button
- Scoreboard flickering will be fixed
- Clans will no longer get matched against other clans that have many more players than they do (i.e. 4 vs. 7, 5 vs. 8)
- Support for color-blind players
I only played against bots, but I was really surprised how much better the dude moved compared to the first game. I'm definitely looking forward to playing Killzone 3 more than I was before playing the beta.