Top treats this weekend include the weird and wonderful Source Engine sandbox Garry's Mod for $4.99, reduced to celebrate its Mac launch, as well as bargains on all things Serious Sam and a bargain $6 bundle of the X-COM series.
- Garry's Mod - $4.99 (50% off)
- Serious Sam HD: Gold Edition - $10.00 (75% off)
- Serious Sam HD: Double Pack - $7.49 (75% off)
- Section 8 - $14.95 (50% off)
- Gratuitious Space Battles - $6.00 (74% off)
- Red Faction: Guerrilla - $6.00 (70% off)
- X-Com Complete Bundle - $5.95 (60% off)
- Europa Universalis 3: Heir to the Throne - $6.00 (70% off)
- Sword of the Stars - $6.00 (40% off)
- Borderlands - $7.49 (75% off)
- Blood Bowl - $9.99 (50% off)
- Gratutious Space Battles - $11.49 (50% off)
- Gratutious Space Battles Complete - $12.49 (70% off)
- Individual Gratutious Space Battles DLC packs- $2.49 apiece (50% off)
Kinda sucks that I payed near $40 for both Serious Sam HD1-2 when I could have waited and got not only those 2 but the classic versions for 10 bucks. If you don't have the games yet don't hesitate, your getting them a a bargain considering GOG.com is selling the classics for 10 bucks each.
Fuck early adopter syndrome.
And if you did, and bought them today, would you say the same thing if they're 5 bucks at the christmas sale?
Well, there is a bit of a difference between $30 and $5. But I imagine it's the classic games being included that really stings. The [i]onl/i] way to get them (on steam -- they were on sale on Direct2Drive for $1 each last weekend) is to do exactly what PinkyImp did, except he doesn't get them because he was enough of a fan to pay the full price a few months ago.
What's crazy about it is that the only appeal I can see in owning the classic versions is for a true fan, who are the people most likely to get screwed by this. Maybe it's an attempt to get them to all rebuy the HD versions again (the gold edition is one of the few bundles on steam that lets you gift duplicate copies).
It sucks when it's harder to see your point because you failed once at shacktags
Yeah, the graphics are significantly better in the HD version. Still looks dated to me, but thats not really the point.If you have bros that will play it with you its defiantly worth the 7 and change bones..