According to the report, Microsoft brought in $17.5 million in August 2010 over $16.5 million in August 2009, which was the second year of the Summer of Arcade promotion. The report presents a top 10 list of games sold, ranked by revenue generated, and includes the total number of copies purchased. Note that some titles were not included in the Summer of Arcade promotion or were released before August.
- Top 10 Titles for August 2010, by Revenue:
- Monday Night Combat (Uber Entertainment) - 187,000 units (1200 Microsoft Points)
- Castlevania: Harmony of Despair (Konami) - 131,000 units (1200 Microsoft Points)
- LIMBO (Playdead) - 128,000 units (1200 Microsoft Points)
- Lara Croft & The Guardian of Light (Crystal Dynamics) - 107,000 units (1200 Microsoft Points)
- Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (Ubisoft) - 79,000 units (800 Microsoft Points)
- Hydro Thunder Hurricane (WB Games) - 50,000 units (1200 Microsoft Points)
- Trials HD (RedLynx, LTD) - 47,000 units (1200 Microsoft Points)
- Shank (Klei Entertainment Inc) - 41,000 units (1200 Microsoft Points)
- Deadliest Warrior (Pipeworks Software) - 55,000 units (800 Microsoft Points)
- Castle Crashers (The Behemoth) - 31,000 units (1200 Microsoft Points)
Uber Entertainment's shooter 'Monday Night Combat' topped the month with 187,000 units sold, or $2.8 million USD in revenue. Konami's 'Castlevania: Harmony of Despair' was in second place with 131,000 units sold, or $2.0 million USD in revenue. Playdead's 'LIMBO' , the first Summer of Arcade title (and July winner by huge margins) was #3 with 128,000 units sold, or $1.9 million USD. It stands as the best-selling Summer of Arcade title with 334,000 units sold on the year so far.
Trials HD has also moved over one million digital copies as of August 2010, doing so in 12 months. Only one title, Battlefield 1943, hit the one million mark faster and only two other titles--Uno and Castle Crashers--have surpassed one million units.
The Summer of Arcade promotion is proving extremely lucrative for Microsoft. So much so that the company has a revealed another promotional month, titled "Game Feast", which began today and will run through the rest of September and part of October.
Any word if the Castlevania HoD is making its way to PSN? I heard early on that if they sold enough units, they would port it.
Hoping to get 2 Casltevanias in the next few months.
Playstation 3 is speaking of devil that PSN wins over XBLA.