Ultima creator and wronged spaceman Richard 'Lord British' Garriott will join id Software's own rocketman John Carmack on a panel getting all giddy about space travel. West and Zampella, ousted co-founders of Call of Duty creator Infinity Ward and founders of Respawn Entertainment, will discuss "building blockbusters." Deus Ex lead designer Smith will join a panel titled 'Building Immersive Worlds and Stories.'
QuakeCon 2010 runs August 12-15 at the Hilton Anatole Hotel in Dallas, Texas.
In addition to other sessions and panels--including John Carmack's legendary keynote address--the free celebration of fragging will also host presentations of Rage and Brink. The full panels schedule follows below.
'The World of Design' Panel - 12.30pm in the Cortez Room
- Joel Burgess, Bethesda Game Studios
- Matt Hooper, id Software
- Neil Alphonso, Splash Damage
- Todd Alderman, Respawn Entertainment
QuakeCon Kick Off - 2:30pm in the Grand Ballroom
Keynote - 2:30pm in the Grand Ballroom
- Todd Hollenshead will welcome attendees to QuakeCon 2010
"Rocket Talk" - 5:30pm in the Grand Ballroom
- John Carmack's Annual Keynote address to QuakeCon attendees
- John Carmack and Richard Garriott share their passion for Rockets and space travel in this special QuakeCon presentation
'Building Blockbusters' Panel - 11:00am in the Grand Ballroom
'Building Immersive Worlds and Stories' Panel - 1:00pm in the Cortez Room
- Jason West, Respawn Entertainment
- Tim Willits, id Software
- Todd Howard, Bethesda Game Studios
- Vince Zampella, Respawn Entertainment
Special RAGE Presentation - 2:00pm in the Grand Ballroom
- Chris Rhinehart from Human Head
- Emil Pagliarulo from Bethesda Game Studios
- Harvey Smith, Arkane Studios
- Raphael Colantonio, Arkane Studios
'Let There Be Sound' Panel - 4:00pm in the Cortez Room
- Tim Willits and Matt Hooper Present RAGE
'The Art of the Game' Panel - 4:00pm in the Cortez Room
- Chris Sweetman, Splash Damage
- Christian Antkow, id Software
- Mark Lampert, Bethesda Game Studios
- Zack Quarles, id Software
- Matt Carofano, Bethesda Game Studios
- Olivier Leonardi, Splash Damage
- Stephan Martine, id Software
- Viktor Antonov, Arkane Studios
Special Brink Presentation - 11:00am in the Grand Ballroom
- Paul Wedgwood, CEO of Splash Damage and Game Director of Brink will be on hand to share a presentation of the game with QuakeCon attendees.
Looks like an awesome presentation list. Can't wait to hear what they say. I love that shit.