The tweaks might make the jump onto PC in the Client R8/Server R12 update, which DICE expects to roll out "early next week" delivering changes including toggle or hold options for both crouching and zooming as well as more server browser updates.
The list of new balance tweaks follows below as well as the R8/R12 changelog.
- Slightly increased the damage of the UZI at long range.
- The AKs74u now has more felt recoil when aiming.
- The G3, VSS, and all SemiAutomatic rifles now settle slightly faster between shots when aiming.
- The PKM, Type 88LMG, G3, An94, and 40mm shotgun have returned to their former glory.
- Increased the damage of the MG3 to bring it in line with the rest of the LMGs.
- Fixed a bug where the Saiga12 with slugs would do too much damage at long range.
- Fixed a bug where the SVU would do too little damage at long range.
- Fixed a bug where M95 rounds would not kill armored targets with headshots.
And your PC update changelog...
Client R8 / Server R12 Changelog:
- Server - Some potential sources for lag/rubberbanding have been eliminated
- Server - The old reserved slots has been replaced by a kick-on-demand system like in BF2
- Server - Log file for server admins: all remote admin interface commands/events are logged
- Server - Log file for server admins: major server events + all chat messages are logged
- Server - Idle kick is controllable
- Server - Profanity filter can be disabled
- Server - Teamkill-kick system is controllable
- Server - Ticket counts and bleed rate are controllable per-level
- Server - Infantry only mode available per-level
- Server - Initial spawn delay and respawn delay are adjustable
- Server - Server description can be up to 400 characters, and use "|" for line breaks
- Server - Banlist can contain up to 10.000 entries
- Server - reduced latency in packet handling
- Admin Interface - fixed the player.onKill spam that occasionally happened
- Admin Interface - ensured that player.onJoin events always report the player name
- Admin Interface - events triggered when people spawn
- Admin Interface - much more info on kills
- Admin Interface - detailed stats are reported at end-of-round
- Gameplay - Various minor level bugfixes
- Gameplay - Helicopter handling has been tweaked
- Gameplay - Weapon tweaks have been implemented based on PC public feedback
- Gameplay - Fixed technical hang when a crate was armed outside of the combat area
- Gameplay - "Victory is near" message was shown for the wrong team on Valparaiso, this has been fixed
- Gameplay - Countermeasures can be fired when driving a helicopter
- Gameplay - The brightness of the pilot view in the Russian helicopter has been reduced
- Gameplay - Advanced Spotting scope works better
- Gameplay - Knifing people in the back works again (we backed out the change that we had done for Server R11)
- Server Browser - Servers are sorted into 3 categories: Normal, Modified, Hardcore depending on their settings
- Server Browser - Added support for retrieving update progress
- Server Browser - Now refreshes information
- Server Browser - Join queue system when attempting to join a full server
- Server Browser - all settings are automatically saved between sessions
- Server Browser - Pings are sent via an alternate mechanism, which should work for non-Administrator users as well
- Client - Fixed DX9 issue, which likely caused graphics glitches and perhaps crashes
- Client - Fixed some crashes
- Client - Toggle/hold crouch is user controllable
- Client - Toggle/hold zoom is user controllable
- Client - Vsync bugfixed for DX10/DX11
- Client - Rewritten how settings are written to disk; this should reduce/eliminate the spawn lag
- Client - Fixed bug where a player could join a server before the stats has been downloaded causing faulty stats in "EOR- unlock progression"-screen
- Client - New chat system allows chatting when dead (but not during end of round) and keeps a 100 lines log
- Client - Improved Play Now functionality
- Client - Removed K/D ratio and Skill Level filters in the leaderboards
- Client - Any points you get while being dead will be added to your score
- Client - Reduced negative mouse acceleration
- Client - More informative disconnection/kick reasons
Client - Any points you get while being dead will be added to your score
Client - New chat system
are awesome. Finally. Also profanity filter can be turned off. Although I find it stupid that its a server setting and not a client setting.
I wouldn't have complained about a TF2 like chat system in the first place, but the first try they had was horrible.
Its hilariously DUMB that chat filter is on while the actual players are voicing out "YEAH TAKE THAT MOTHERFUCKER"
I said it before, but what is even more annoying is that it filters words of other languages because they are roughly similar to pretty normal words considered as bad words in English. So your normal sentences in German for example get slaughtered up by the filter.