Of particular note is that classes will share powers with others in close proximity. For example, the Recon class can share its cloaking technology with nearby allies.
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is scheduled to release during the holiday season this year on PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii, Nintendo DS and PSP. A multiplayer beta will run this summer on the Xbox 360 for owners of Splinter Cell: Conviction.
Video doesn't really explain jack shit any more than what is already known. From around the net and OXM this month:
* Same team (ubisoft paris) that made GRAW series
* Ubisoft Paris moved away from the browns and greys of the old games and are using a much brighter set of colors, not really akin to a war game
* Some maps have civvies
* split screen co-op play, but for how many players 2 or 4 is not known
* Tons of new gadgets
* classic 'peep and pop' gameplay is still there
* The characters (the Ghosts) in the game have undergone some modifications to be able to handle all the new gadets, wearing load-bearing leg braces (an exoskeleton)
* Ghosts are capable of sprinting to cover, slide-tackling bad guys and hurdling low obstacles and the visual effect is more Gears of War than it is Ghost Recon
* Ghosts now have a selection of close combat take-down moves based on various martial arts, including Krav Maga (Splinter Cell anyone?). The magazine says if you're a fan of the Gears of War roadie run, you'll like the direction the game takes.
* Ubisoft Paris says the new gameplay mechanics are in response to the changing face of warfare - urban environments, decreased combat distance and reliance on the soldiers physicalities
* 4 members of your in-game team are divided into distinct classes
o commando - standard trooper, modular rifle, shoulder mounted rocket launcher
o engineer - UAV drone that he can steer himself and the option to build it out with all sorts of high tech stuff
o sniper - designate targets at long ranges
o recon class - predator style optical camouflage making him damn near invisible
* improved A.I based on how professional gamers move around maps in games
o quote "Watching the Ghosts as they move from point to point reveals an area that Ubisoft has been working hard on improving: your teammates' A.I. In far too many games, you're joined by idiot partners who insist on sprinting across your line of fire or blocking vital escape routes. FS removes the need to babysit your squad mates. Ubisoft has so much faith in their new system, that you don't have the option to direct your team anymore. When the player charges forward, the three other Ghosts follow intelligently behind, covering angles that the player can't keep track of."
* unlike GRAW 1 and 2, Future Soldier has you playing bullet-tag all around the globe in various terrain types
o Russia and a snowy Norwegian fjord were seen
* devs mentioned a device that can blow up IEDs w/ sound waves
* Robotic battlefield drones on wheels/tracks that you can duck behind etc
o New system that with a tap of a button will allow you to follow your teammate next to you automatically. The setup allows you to scout for enemies from a different direction while the game moves you tactically behind your friend in Multiplayer.
o All 4 players can link up at once
o even if you're not linked up, staying within a certain distance of each other allows you to take advantage of distinct class talents, such as if you're hanging around the recon class and he fires up his cloak, you'll get cloaked too -- not entirely realistic says OXMag but it helps with the team work aspect and real humans
o 8 vs 8
o so far contains standard fare DM, TDM, CTF, and Domination
o Just like Rainbow Six Vegas 2, Persistent Elite Creation System is in effect -- where gaining experience in SP or MP is all the same so you don't go into MP with awful weapons and such
* Cooperative Mode (Campaign)
o 4 player
o drop in/out on the fly
"Ubisoft has so much faith in their new system, that you don't have the option to direct your team anymore."
well that pretty well sucks.
"using a much brighter set of colors, not really akin to a war game"
I see no "bright colors" here
I could very well be color blind tho