Along with a new trailer and new screenshots, the companies offered a detailed breakdown of the various tweaks and additions made to the high-def re-imagining, plus word that those who pre-order on PC via Steam will get a 10% discount and an exclusive Ugh-Zan III multiplayer character.
Exactly how much the game will run has yet to be revealed, as the pre-order page isn't live. [UPDATE] The page is now live, revealing a price of $19.99, with pre-orders getting it at $17.99. [/UPDATE] Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter debuted at $19.99 on PC, later dropping to $14.99 to reflect the price of the downloadable Xbox 360 incarnation.
A downloadable Xbox 360 rendition of The Second Encounter is also in the works. There's no word as to when the game will hit either PC or Xbox 360 other than "early 2010," so you'll have to make due with the following details for the time being:
The glorious high-definition (HD) chaos continues in Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter, the highly anticipated arcade action FPS sequel to the Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter.
Developed by Croteam and powered by the Serious Engine 3, Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter combines spectacularly enhanced visuals, including more polygons, higher resolution textures and more special effects like hippy and kids mode, with trademark frantic gameplay for a non-stop action.
Featuring single-play, survival and cooperative play, the game continues your battle against Mentals army with the classic over-the-top action, crazy humor and horror from the golden age of first-person shooters.
Combined with intense versus and team modes in over 18 classic and NEW! multiplayer maps Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter is a worthy successor to the original masterpiece.
- Various Environments and Secrets! - Unleash mayhem on 3 different spectacular worlds: South America, ancient Mesopotamia and medieval Europe. Discover over 130 secrets including over 15 brand NEW! ones hidden in the fray.
- Unique Enemies and Bosses! - Fight with 27 nightmarish warriors in Mentals' army, including old favorites from The First Encounter like Beheaded Kamikaze, Syrian Werebull and Kleer Skeleton. Go head to head against 5 new enemies and 3 new Bosses.
- Special Weapons and Power-Ups! - Wreak havoc with a huge arsenal of weapons including 3 new toys: the Sniper Rifle, Flamethrower and Chainsaw. Use Power-Ups to additionally increase your fighting and agility skills.
- Serious Multiplayer and Steam! - Plunge into chaos with up to 16 players in campaign cooperative mode or watch all hell break loose in over 8 classic and brand NEW! deathmatch maps with up to 16 players! Track your score on Steam leaderboards and earn over 40 NEW! Steam achievements!
- NEW! Survival, Co-Op, Versus and Team Modes! - Try to stay alive as long as you can against continued enemies attacks in Survival mode with specially designed survival maps! Play even more along your friends in new co-op modes including Coin-Op Co-Op! Fight against your friends in more versus modes including Beast Hunt and My Burden! Compete against other teams in Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag and Last Team Standing!
This almost looks like the same trailer they used for the original Second Encounter. just missing the pumpkin guy in the winter place.