SEGA "will also have news on an additional feature... many of you have been waiting for which is now ready for a closed Beta test!"
This is most likely dedicated server support, which was said to be close to beta last Tuesday.
- Stability improvements to address rare and infrequent hangs
- Implemented a workaround for missing audio issues with certain hardware (SoundBlaster X-Fi, Realtek onboard, etc.)
- Fixed save games being lost or corrupted if connection to Steam is lost or if user switches to offline play
- Fixed XP being incorrectly affected by offline play (though only in the local stats; this will be corrected next time you connect to multiplayer)
- Fixed other players sometimes appearing to have the wrong weapon or continuing to fire indefinitely after dying
- Fixed rare issue where players would be temporarily invisible
- Fixed some selection of servers and players in menus sometimes being incorrect
Most interesting to me is the not about fixing players continuing to fire immediately after dying. I always thought that was an intentional feature. I didn't mind.
Thanks to Shacker niceguynick for the tip.
Where are the promised DLC maps, dammit?! WHERE ARE THEY?
No doubt a month after launch, give it a week or two for an announcement