On top of confirming plans to release a number of high-profile titles across 2010, mega-publisher Activision Blizzard has also outlined when they should hit.
As expected, the next Call of Duty will be released within the holiday timeframe, with Raven's time-shifting shooter Singularity now due in June and High Moon's robotic action game Transformers: War For Cybertron slated to arrive after March but before July.
Based on comments company made during its recent earnings conference call, we've compiled the below list of its upcoming major games and their release windows:
- New Bakugan - 2010
- Blur - Q2 2010 (April 1 - June 30, 2010)
- Blur Multiplayer Beta - March
- How to Train Your Dragon - "Late March"
- New Call of Duty - "Holiday"
- DJ Hero 2 - "Back Half of 2010"
- New Guitar Hero - "Back Half of 2010"
- New James Bond - "Back Half of the Year"
- Shrek Forever After - May
- Singularity - June
- New Spider-Man - "Back Half of the Year"
- StarCraft II - Mid-2010
- StarCraft II Multiplayer Beta - February
- Tony Hawk: RIDE Sequel - "Back Half of the Year"
- Transformers: War For Cybertron - Q2 2010 (April 1 - June 30, 2010)
- True Crime - "Back Half of the Year"
- World of Warcraft: Cataclysm - "Back Half of 2010"
Of course, it's quite likely that Activision has more up its sleeve than what it's letting on at such an early point in the year, but what you see above is all we know thus far.
Yes! A new Call of Duty, Guitar Hero and a game based on a movie! great time to be a gamer!
Haha, yeah. Aside from Singularity, almost no original IPs. The finance junkies are eating it up, but they're not the main audience that enjoys video games. Activision has lost its soul.
I agree. Activision is the new EA.
Since when does Activision have soul anyway? :p They have been selling the "soul" to money.
It is indeed EA who just have either found or bought back the soul. :)
Activision was a damn fine company before they merged with Vivendi, people seem to forget that. I love that theres a new COD game for holiday, honestly that series is dead to me. Its too bad too because Infinity Ward made 3 amazing games ill always love COD 1,2, & 4. I just hope to hell the don't put IW on the churn for another COD game but i'm sure they will, poor bastards.
I never claimed to know when they changed, but you are right, Activision used to be respectable.