To upgrade, those bought the Torchlight directly from torchlightgame.com can download the 410MB v1.15 client from FileShack and use their key to unlock the full version--of course, you'll want to back up your saves first.
Those that bought it elsewhere will have to wait for their digital distributor to deliver the vendor-specific update, with Steam and D2D having already rolled theirs out. And if you snagged a boxed retail copy of Torchlight, your patch should be here soon.
Patch 1.15 includes 5 new challenge room maps to test your bravery and wit! New players can now obtain these maps as rewards for completing various quests from Vasman in Torchlight. New challenges await in the Tomb of the Awakened, Estherian Ruins, Dwarven Fortress, Molten Prison, and Black Palace.
- Root Golem Fire Breath now deals damage
- Ember Bolt had a bad value in higher levels
- Zealot lightning bolt now does damage
- Gem effects accumulating when recovering from socketed items
- Sushi Helm Recipe fix
- Added Blind Effect for modders
- New Unittype of Bossmap for modders
- Multiple spelling fixes
- Fixed a few spots where floor tiles where missing or had the wrong collision set
- Fixed various locations where monsters were getting stuck in some levels
- Limited Multi-language support added for modders ( tool coming )
- You can now attach layouts to items Ã¢ï¿½ï¿½ for modders
- You can now have up to 50 waypoints Ã¢ï¿½ï¿½ for modders
- Scale effect can now be permanent Ã¢ï¿½ï¿½ for modders Soul Rend magic damage scales with strength and magic 50%, 50%
- Doom Quake, Titan Stomp dmg scales with strength 50%
- Needle Arc dot damage scales with strength and dex 100%, 100%
- Ember Lightning additionally deals 20% of weapon damage on the first chain
- Magic Weapon expertise passive does not interact strangely with other passives around level 9
- Shock Trap now scales with ranks.
- Flame Trap and Shock Trap now scale with pet mastery.
- Ember Lance no longer stops passive buffs
- Option in Settings file to turn off Steam Cloud added
- Settings broke into 2 files. LocalSettings and settings
- Fixed rare teleport crash
- Fix for input latency on low FPS for skills; hotbar skills and items
- Alric Achievement now works on steam
- Fixed XP not being removed correctly after death if choosing to respond at the level start
- Passive skills now adhere to equipment requirement
- Fixed rare case when triggers wouldnÃ¢ï¿½ï¿½t fire correctly
- Texture overrides fixed in paper doll view
- Fixed issue with some looping skills
- Masteries now properly apply to elemental effects
One of the best games of 2009 for fucking sure, PICK THIS UP GUYS!!
Yeah, I got my 20$ worth, and then some. Really fun game!
I picked this up during the holiday sale for $5. After about 70 hours, and still not having beat the game, I feel I gypped Runic out of some money. =(
Do you mean you haven't finished the main quest? Or you haven't run out of dungeons? Because you can "beat" the game by finishing the main quest, but the other dungeon goes to something insane like floor 200 or something, and then there are the randomized level scrolls, essentially meaning the game is never ending. What level is/are your character(s)?
yeah word, i was about to post this