Patch 1.05 adds a mini-campaign 'Eagle Wing,' set several years after the original ending and casting players as the pilot of an AH-64 Apache helicopter--also new in this patch.
Unlike previous patches--or any patch for almost any game, for that matter--the Patch 1.05 download can be used to update Steam installations of ARMA 2 too.
Other highlights of the patch include performance improvements, AI tweaks, bug fixes, Linux dedicated server support, a new multiplayer mode and the removal of DRM.
- Free bonus campaign Eagle Wing
- Free bonus helicopter addon AH-64D
- New Warfare multiplayer mode When Diplomacy Fails, including 3-sides and support for diplomacy between factions
- Major AI tweaking and balancing (better combat cooperation, better situational awareness, new Suppressive fire command)
- Significant performance improvements, especially in large cities
- Fixed compatibility problems under Windows Vista and Windows 7 x64 with 8 GB and more RAM
- Grass now provides concealment also in distance
- Improved hit detection and damage system
- Improved object visibility and less significant objects popping in distance
- Improved mouse input handling
- Spatial sound improvements
- Automatic launching of user made addons (units, missions etc.) via "pbo" file association with the game
- Possibility to switch between windowed and fullscreen mode at any time in game menus using Alt + Enter or through video options
- Various crash opportunities fixed
- Linux server support added
- New GUI to various dedicated server settings
- New GUI for multiplayer commands
- Enabled commanding during story conversations
- FreeTrack support using FreeTrackClient.dll
- DRM free
- Optional anti-cheat protection
BTW, the "DRM free" line doesn't mean the patch is free of DRM, it means it removes the DRM (cd check) from the game itself.
Three cheers for BIS, it's not even been a year yet!