Those download codes are available at those select North American retailers today, with the game itself due during March 2010.
In addition, the company unveiled a $99.99 "Ultimate Edition" of the SCE Santa Monica's gory beat 'em up, as well as several other pre-order incentives.
The contents of the "Ultimate Edition" are as follows:
Exclusive CollectiblesAs for the other pre-order incentives, GameStop, Amazon.com and GameCrazy are each offering an "exclusive downloadable skin" that changes Kratos' appearance.
Exclusive Digital Content (Available via PlayStation Network voucher codes on day of launch)
- High-End Sculpted Replica of Pandora's Box
- Limited-Edition God of War Art Book featuring exclusive art, content and interviews
- God of War Combat Arena containing an exclusive environment and seven challenges
- Premium Kratos Skin - Dominus
- God of War: Unearthing the Legend Franchise Documentary - a full-length movie documentary depicting the history of the God of War franchise
- God of War Trilogy Soundtrack - God of War, II, and III scores from the game (mp3 digital download).
- God of War: Blood and Metal EP - a heavy metal homage featuring original music inspired by God of War (mp3 digital download).
Geez - just put out a McFarlane Kratos figure, the artbook, and the digital content and sell that for $89.99. I can re-enact boss battles with a Kratos action figure and my boston terrier but what am I going to do with a box?
Put your dog in it.