In addition to the 18 new hats, a new community map, and the King of the Hill mode, the update also includes a reworked version of Sawmill for capture-the-flag play. Community map CP_Yukon was also added in an update to the patch notes: "This abandoned mountaintop coalmine was repurposed by shadowy operatives into a top secret surveillance outpost--one which also, so nobody gets wise, insidiously continues to mine coal. There is also a log hanging in the center of the map--possibly as an example to other logs. Logs that said too much."
The full patch notes follow:
- Added King Of The Hill game mode.
- Added custom animations played by the losing team during the post-win state. They are moved into third person camera to enjoy them.
- Added lots of new hats.
- Added koth_Viaduct.
- Added ctf_Sawmill
- Added community map Arena_Offblast
- Added community map Cp_Yukon
- Added "Auto Reload" option to the multiplayer advanced options.
- Clip-based weapons that reload a full clip at a time can now have their reloads aborted by firing.
- Pistol now fires at a fixed rate, not based on the speed at which you press the firing button.
- Added a color blind option to add a Jarate icon above enemies who are busy accepting a terrifying existence where they have no dignity.
- Significantly reduced the amount of network traffic being sent.
- Capturing the flag in a CTF game mode gives the entire capturing team 10 seconds of critboost.
- Sappers attached to a teleporter automatically place another Sapper on the other end of the teleporter, if it exists.
- Engineers wrenching a teleporter will repair the other end as well, and remove Sappers from both if they exist.
- Disguised Spies no longer trigger On-Hit effects (like the Blutsauger's heal).
- Removed self-inflicted minicrits. Fixes Jarate'd Soldiers/Demomen having ineffective rocket/grenade jumps.
- Added an item panel to the spectator cam that shows non-standard items being carried by the player you're spectating.
- Added an "Inspect" key that allows you to look at items being carried by your team mates.
- Backpack improvements: - Added drag & drop to move items around. Item positions are maintained on the backend. - Added multi-select, allowing you to delete multiple items at once. - Added a new key to the key binding page that opens your inventory directly to your backpack. - Fixed mouseover panel being incorrectly position when the backpack first appears.
- Cloaked Spies standing in valid backstab positions no longer raise their knife.
- Added current map name and gametype to the bottom right of scoreboard.
- Added class icons to tips on the loadout and loading screens.
- Improved visuals around flags when they're being carried by a player.
- Improved critboosted visuals, making it much clearer when an enemy has critboost.
- Updated the loading panel to show the game type under the map name during level transition.
- In-game chat dialog now supports full Unicode characters.
- Added BLU main menu background.
- Added response caching for some server queries to help reduce the CPU load from DOS attacks.
- Teammates no longer block friendly radius damage. Prevents nearby teammates causing rocket/grenade jumps to fail.
- Update PLR_Pipeline - Increased the starting advantage in the third round if a team has won the first two rounds. - Fixed carts not continuing to the second round if they're capped at the same time in the first round. - Fixed being able to shoot pipebombs over the starting gates in the first round. - Fixed being able to open the doors in the first round before the setup time was finished. - Fixed players getting stuck in some doors. - Fixed players being able to get onto rooftops and out of the map boundaries. - Fixed other minor bugs and exploits.
- Update Arena_Sawmill - Fixed DirectX8 bug where some models would not be visible. - Fixed exploit with building teleporters outside of the map.
- Updated CP_Granary - Made a few changes to improve balance based on competitive community feedback.
- The Force of Nature - The enemy knockback now only `works in close range and behaves more like the Pyro's air blast. - Enemies cannot be juggled by the FaN's effect. - The self-knockback has also changed to respect the firer's view angle. Looking up while shooting will no longer propel the enemy upwards. - Knockback is now scaled by damage done.
- The Sandman - A Scout will receive 1 point for stunning an enemy and 2 points for a long range stun. - Stunned players now take 75% of all incoming damage instead of 50%. - Ãƒï¿½Ã¯Â¿Â½ÃƒÂ¯Ã‚Â¿Ã‚Â½bercharged players can no longer be stunned. - Heavies spinning their mini-guns will continue to spin when stunned (whether the left or right mouse button is pressed). - The minimum distance to stun a target has been reduced. - The negative attribute has changed from "no double jump" to "-30 max health".
- Fixed various issues around layout & presentation of items inside the Backpack and "X is carrying" item dialogs.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to work around sv_pure.
- Particle files are now protected by sv_pure.
- Fixed critboost effect getting stuck on when you die while critboosted.
- Fixed Timer HUD element backgrounds not being the correct color if you change teams during waiting for players.
- Fixed a couple of issues with the way critboosts affected The Huntsman and the Spy's knife.
- Fixed an exploit where you could reload The Huntsman faster than intended.
- Fixed Heavy "civilian" exploit.
- Fixed a set of exploits using the DXSupport config files.
- Fixed r_screenfademinsize and r_screenfademaxsize exploits.
- Fixed sentries firing at a fully cloaked Spy if they're still the closest target.
- Added a HUD element for hybrid CTF & CP maps. - Supports 1 or 2 flags, and any number of CPs. - Mapmakers need to place a "tf_logic_hybrid_ctf_cp" entity in their map to enable it.
- Added custom kill server log text "train" and "saw" for deaths caused by these environmental hazards. Format: "%s<%i><%s><%s>" committed suicide with "world" (customkill "%s") (attacker_position "%d %d %d")
- Added new "medic_death" event for server logs Format: "%s<%i><%s><%s>" triggered "medic_death" against "%s<%i><%s><%s>" (healing "%d") (ubercharge "%s") - healing is the amount the Medic healed in that life - ubercharge (1/0) is whether they died with a full charge
- Added "func_respawnflag" trigger entity. It will remove & return the flag if a flag carrier touches it, or if the flag falls into it.
hmm, a litle disappointing with all those damn ads hinting at possible cool things...
Next update for sure. Engineer, then soldier, it seems.
I thought they said Soldier was next, read it at this site or that they where at least hinting at it
Solider then Engy Vs Demo pack. I betchya!
with those ads , i dont know....REMOTE CONTROL ZEPPELINS?!
I wanted one class update :[
Well they were teasing it in the same way they did the class packs, there were a bunch of hidden pages hinting at stuff and it's been long enough for a class pack to be released so I figured this patch would be at least as big as that. In the end though King of the Hill was the only really substantial content addition.