Carrying a price tag of 800 Microsoft Points ($10), the downloadable sequel brings a number of new weapons, additional landscape styles and more to Xbox 360 owners.
For more on the multiple new features and weapons, just keep on reading:
WORMS has been one of the most successful and consistent Xbox Live titles since it's launch in March 2007 and now it's back, bigger and better than ever for this stunning and feature packed new edition.
Worms 2: Armageddon builds upon the fine heritage of the cult 1999 hit "Worms Armageddon" by massively extending the feature set of the original, award-winning WORMS and including the majority of the cult WORMS ARMAGEDDON feature set as well as a raft of exciting new weapons and game content, modes and extensions (many of which featured in the highly rated "Open Warfare 2" editions)
Offering hundreds of hours of replay value, engaging single player campaign, tons of player customisation, laugh-out-loud multiplayer escapades and leaderboard challenges, Worms 2: Armageddon should prove even more popular than the original WORMS for Live Arcade!
Team17 listened hard to the fans response and have delivered in spades, with cult weapons returning, amazing new weapons, incredible customisation of Worms teams (including around 60 voice sets, hats and more), tons of game options, totally new physics & more dynamic play, persistent fire and much, much more.
SENSATIONAL NEW WEAPONS!
RETURNING CULT FAVOURITES FROM ARMAGEDDON (in addition to all WORMS weapons)
- Sentry Gun! Defend your position with this deadly guardian.
- Electro Magnet! Attract or repel deadly metallic explosives with this unique item.
- Bunker Buster! Use this vertical missile to dig out enemy Worms that have snuck away!
- Buffalo Of Lies! The Donkey's nemesis, this Trojan Buffalo will cause havoc!
- Super Bunker Buster! Devastating below ground charge!
NEW GAME FEATURES
- Super Sheep! Take your fluffy flocking friend to the air! A controllable, flying super sheep!
- Holy Hand Grenade! Hallelujah! The Deity's weapon of choice!
- Concrete Donkey! It's back! As mad and wildly destructive as ever!
- Napalm! Love the smell of burning Worms in the morning?
- Petrol Bomb! This cocktail packs a mighty roasting for enemies. Lob one today.
- Armageddon! Not quite the end as we know it, but it could be for your enemies!
- Parachute! A roper's best friend! Drop huge heights with wind assist...
- Drill! Dig to victory with the pneumatic drill.
- Baseball Bat. Whack out enemy Worms for a home run cheer!
- Earthquake! Can you rumble the opponent?
- Poison Strike! Germ warfare!
NEW GAMEPLAY LEVELS
- All new high definition, widescreen artwork
- Reworked audio-visuals throughout
- Fire! Persistent fire eats and burns away the landscape. Hot stuff.
- Crazy Crates! Start with basic weapons and shop as you go!
- Fort Mode! Start teams on your own bases.
- Rope Racing mode.
- Massively enhanced & improved game physics & reactions.
- Speedier, more direct gameplay.
- All new high-definition audio (sound effects, music)
- Speak your mind! Massive variety of comedy voice sets with many all new.
- All new crazy achievements.
- All new extensive customisation, Worm Hats, voices, graves, dances, colours, forts!
- Uses NXE Avatars to reflect game status in game!
- All new Single Player adventure combines death matches and puzzles.
- Win tokens in the all-new 30 chapter single player campaign to win prizes in the game SHOP, unlock new landscapes, voices, hats and more.
- Enhanced CPU AI for more challenging single player games.
- Improved online handling, including host migration for network play.
- All new leaderboards and leaderboard objectives.
- 5 all new landscapes graphical types modelled on the original Armageddon style. Battle in Medieval England, Cheese Moon, Construction site and more.
- 130 base landscape styles (compared to just six on original) for diverse play levels.
- Vertical Levels! Play on tall, narrow strips or caverns as well as traditional "wide" levels.
- Mix combinations of landscape type, style, your own game rules and more to create thousands of possible levels and hundreds, if not thousands of hours of replay value.
I wonder/hope that ps3 gets this fairly soon as well.
I heard from 2 or 3 places that it would come in the form of DLC for the recently released Worms iteration on the PSN. I could never find the source of this rumor though.