The third patch for the PC release of Grand Theft Auto 4 is now available from FileShack. Update 1.0.3 brings improved graphics and physics performance, greater user control over graphic settings, and the elimination of remapping restrictions for keyboard and mouse. Full change notes follow
Version 188.8.131.52 - March 19, 2009
Interior Lights for ATI 1900 series cards:
All light sources appear for users with 1900 series ATI cards. (ie. Pool Mini Game)
Added menu option
for Reflection quality
Added menu option
for Shadow quality
Physics optimizations to improve situations with heavy physics calculations (ie. 32 player races)
- Graphical Performance Optimizations
NAT Type detection
Detect if user has a
NAT and displays message for user
Voice chat is received even if your microphone is turned off
- Keyboard / Mouse
- Remapping restrictions removed
- Allow Enter, Backspace, and Arrow keys to be remapped by user
- Allow multiple mouse buttons to be mapped
Enable/Disable DirectInput in Menu
Users can now activate/deactivate Direct Input devices from "Controls" menu.
- If commandline "-usedirectinput" is active, it will override pause menu setting.
Use 2 direct input devices simultaneously (ie. Wheel and Gamepad)
- Users can now use 2 different controllers at once, including 1 XInput and 1 Direct Input device.
- Added more Direct Input / XInput device support
- Saitek P380/P480/P580/P990
- Saitek PS1000/PS2700/P3200/P3600
- Gravis Eliminator Shock gamepad
- Detect modified files and prevent users from entering multiplayer if found
- Game will prompt with a message after blocking user with modified data files from entering multiplayer
- Should prevent multiplayer access from cell phone and GFWL join in progress
- Scroll Bar improved response
- Tweaked to respond better to keyboard inputs
- Sped up load times for users with many clips
TITLE UPDATE 2 FIXES:
- Return of Hot Dog Stands and other props
- Missing hot dog vendors, fences, gates, pylons should be present throughout the world.
- Scrolling signboards
- Activate missing scrolling signboard text (ie. highway signs, Star Junction, Clock Tower Sign)
- ALT-TAB pauses game during cutscenes
- Cutscenes should now pause and resume correctly after an ALT-TAB task switch. Audio remains in sync.
GENERAL ADDITIONS / FIXES:
- Mismatched MODO/Perseus Clothing
- Fixed a bug when Niko mixes clothing from Perseus and Modo
- 360 Controller Texture
- Controller image should be visible in Controller Configuration screen
you know...i have to give it to rockstar....excelent support....game ran like crap when it first came out....but now......it just keeps getting better with every patch.....wish bethesda could make patches like this that help instead of breaking VATS and things.........
If I recall correctly Fallout 3 didn't need a patch at launch like GTA4 did.
You recall incorrectly.
well....kinda right....but for PC the 1.1 patch broke VATS....I can have a maxed out char...accuracy perks and all....be two feet in front of a monster....and miss....not to mention the accuracy addons don't do a darnd thing anymore....as far as performace goes i never had a problem....just the game would crash when i went into a small room....but thanks to the gaming community....i found out it was my quad-core and was since resolved
Hmm .. ya that's right. Well, at least Rockstar is doing what they can to make GTA4 on PC a decent experience.
Bethesda is the worst at patching, their community has to mod in many of the fixes.
they shouldn't have to though....if bethesda didn't make such great games but more like "eh" games....they wouldn't be around....or at least might care just a little bit more
ease up on the ellipses, man
Or he could at least bother to use Unicode Ellipses…