The actual contents of the list haven't changed all that much compared to December, as most of the games just shuffled positions, though the StarCraft Battle Chest, Civ IV and two slot machine games replaced GTAIV, two Sims 2 expansions and Nancy Drew.
- World Of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King / Blizzard / $38 (Average)
- The Sims 2 Double Deluxe / EA Maxis / $19 (Average)
- World Of Warcraft: Battle Chest / Blizzard / $36 (Average)
- Spore / EA Maxis / $48 (Average)
- World Of Warcraft / Blizzard / $20 (Average)
- Left 4 Dead / Valve / $46 (Average)
- The Sims 2 Apartment Life Exp. Pack / EA Maxis / $20 (Average)
- Fallout 3 / Bethesda / $48 (Average)
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 / EA LA / $32 (Average)
- Call Of Duty: World At War / Treyarch / $49 (Average)
- World Of Warcraft: Burning Crusade Expansion Pack / Blizzard / $29 (Average)
- Civilization IV / Firaxis / $25 (Average)
- The Sims 2 Mansion & Garden Stuff Exp. / EA Maxis / $20 (Average)
- Spore Creepy & Cute Parts Pack / EA Maxis / $20 (Average)
- IGT Slots: Little Green Men / Masque / $20 (Average)
- The Sims 2 Pets Exp. / EA Maxis / $18 (Average)
- StarCraft Battle Chest / Blizzard / $20 (Average)
- Bejeweled Twist / PopCap / $19 (Average)
- Reel Deal Slots BlackBeard's Revenge / Phantom EFX / $20 (Average)
- The Sims 2 FreeTime Exp. / EA Maxis / $18 (Average)
1. Activision Blizzard
3. Activision Blizzard
5. Activision Blizzard
10. Activision Blizzard
11. Activision Blizzard
17. Activision Blizzard
Hooray for independent developers, and for there still being reason for the megacorps to develop PC games.
You forgot, EA also distributes Left 4 Dead. :P
Other interesting fact: a 10+ year old game is still cracking the top 20? Nice.
an independent developer trying to make a new video game these days is like me trying to open a walmart-style chain of stores. it costs too much money to enter the industry...especially in this economy.
i think it's more like you opening a lemonade stand.. you can make it as cheap or expensive as you like, and if you keep it cheap it's not too hard to break even
We can read...
I find it hard to see how activision/blizzard still posted bad numbers this quarter.