A "Web" tab at the bottom of the in-game overlay opens up the generic browser. Highlighting, copying and pasting is supported, but right-click is apparently disabled.
The rest of the update adds random fixes to various games and Steam systems.
The full patch notes follow:
- Updated game overlay web browser to support generic web browsing, including web sites that use flash
- Fixed games list scrolling behavior with pageup/pagedown and mouse wheel
- Fixed GTA4 backups not restoring correctly
- Fixed several cases where matchmaking would not work in Left 4 Dead in using Cafe accounts
- Changed Friends to be enabled for Cafe accounts
- Removed 'view invites' dialog on startup, now clicking on a group/user invite toast will take you directly to the Community control page
- Fixed guest passes not showing immediately in games list
- Fixed case where a user would be told a guest pass had expired after they had bought the full game
- Improved Steam Windows Service restart logic in serveral places