Over half of the subscribers that left World of Warcraft to play Funcom's rival PC MMO Age of Conan have since returned to World of Warcraft, developer Blizzard has revealed, adding that the return rate from Mythic's Warhammer Online is currently at 46%.
"To date, 68% of the players who listed Age of Conan as their reason for cancellation and 46% of the players who listed Warhammer as their reason for cancellation have reactivated their subscriptions to World of Warcraft," Blizzard CEO Mike Morhaime explained during a financial conference call, as transcribed by Seeking Alpha.
Last month, Blizzard claimed that "a significant number of people, well over half" had returned to World of Warcraft from Warhammer Online after its September 18 launch. As for Age of Conan, which launched in May, Blizzard previously reported a 40% return rate.
Launched in 2004, World of Warcraft currently has over 11 million subscribers worldwide, with the game's second expansion pack, Wrath of the Lich King, due out next Thursday, November 13.
Well no shit. 68% seems too low. I assume the other 32% just ended up killing themselves.