The $150 Ultra Limited Edition of EA Redwood Shore's sci-fi horror title Dead Space is only available for the Xbox 360 version, and is limited to 1,000 copies. The game arrives on PS3 and Xbox 360 October 14, with the PC version set for October 20.
Meanwhile, the $130 Runner's Bag Bundle for EA DICE's first person parkour title Mirror's Edge is available in PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 form--both arriving November 11--but is not listed for the PC version that hits later this winter.
Read on for the contents of each special edition.
- Dead Space Ultra Limited Edition - $149.95 / Xbox 360 Only
- The Dead Space game
- Special Ultra Limited Edition packaging
- Dead Space Downfall Animated Movie (DVD)
- Bonus content DVD
- Exclusive lithograph art
- 97-pg Dead Space art book written and illustrated by the development team
- 160-pg Graphic novel
- Ishimura crew patch
Mirror's Edge Runner's Bag Bundle - $129.95 / PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
- Get your limited edition Mirror's Edge Runner's Bag bundle! With an exclusive Mirror's Edge bag from Timbuk2 and a copy of the Mirror's Edge game, you can keep your documents safe as you find the fastest routes from the rooftops to the streets. Only a small quantity of these bags have been made to commemorate the launch of Mirror's Edge, so get your bag before they are all gone!
This is beyond ridiculous now. Publishers are going to keep pushing this shit as far as they can, pretty soon there's going to be a $10,000 limited edition version of Halo 4.
I agree but you know you can always vote with your dollar and not buy them
if they give me a full-sized working Mongoose with that $10k bundle i might bite
Agreed. I was talking with some friends on how even $60 is a bit of a barrier now. Unless you REALLY want it, just rent, wait until it gets cheap or both.
Or... buy the PC version OR wait unti the PC version gets cheap.
Typically if I want to "support" a dev and like the game, I'll get it if I can afford it. The trouble is these days it's getting more and more difficult to afford... well anything.
. . . limited to only 1000 though? If they were claiming a limited edition, and yet you could wallpaper a gamestop with the things, then I would join the chorus of boos, but this actually appears to be limited. Similarly to the MGS4 limited edition--not the one you saw at retail outlets, but the one that you could only purchase via Konami's web store. Yeah, I had to get that one as well.
I mean, "obnoxious" would be like, Halo 2's Limited Edition. That thing was decidedly not limited. I think every Halo 2 gamer I know owned it and not the standard release.