- Madden NFL 09 (EA Tiburon, Xbox 360) - 1,000,000
- Madden NFL 09 (EA Tiburon, PlayStation 3) - 643,000
- Madden NFL 09 (EA Tiburon, PlayStation 2) - 424,500
- Wii Fit (Nintendo, Wii) - 394,900
- Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo, Wii) - 328,700
- Wii Play (Nintendo, Wii) - 200,200
- Soul Calibur IV (Project Soul, Xbox 360) - 174,000
- Too Human (Silicon Knights, Xbox 360) - 168,200
- Madden NFL 09 (EA Tiburon, Wii) - 115,800
- Guitar Hero: On Tour (Vicarious Visions, Nintendo DS) - 111,200
Meanwhile, August hardware sales in the United States were as follows:
- Nintendo DS - 518,300 units
- Wii - 453,000 units
- PSP - 253,000 units
- Xbox 360 - 195,200 units
- PlayStation 3 - 185,400 units
- PlayStation 2 - 144,100 units
It is worth remembering that the recent Xbox 360 price cut took effect in September, leaving August sales of the console unaffected. This week's 600% sales spike will be recorded in September's results.
Too Human (Silicon Knights, Xbox 360) - 168,200
Not to shabby. I'm not sure what their goal was but that's pretty respectable. Then again, even if that game sold a million units every month for a year it couldn't recoup the 10 year investment of time and money they put in it.
The game wasn't in development for 10 years. It was an idea conceived 10 years ago. Full production probably didn't even start until '05 when SK and MS announced their partnership for the Too Human trilogy..